AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: NFCU Credit Card- Chance of Approval - Update: Approved

Big congrats AmberSmiley Happy
Message 11 of 20
steelholder
Regular Contributor

Quick question relating to this thread - Does anyone know if you're denied for a CC and then reconsider could you request a reconsideration for a secured card? Or would you specifically have to have applied for their secured originally?
Message 12 of 20
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

You can definitely ask for a secured thru recon instead and I'm almost certain they will give it to you but as far as another HP I'm not sure . They are very Hp happy so beware
Message 13 of 20
steelholder
Regular Contributor

Hmm would it be one or two pulls...this might be one for an nfcu rep.
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@steelholder wrote:
Quick question relating to this thread - Does anyone know if you're denied for a CC and then reconsider could you request a reconsideration for a secured card? Or would you specifically have to have applied for their secured originally?

This should be a non-issue - we got my DW a secured card after getting declined for unsecured for her with a suggestion for secured in the decline letter - there was no HP for the secured even though we got it a month later!

Message 15 of 20
steelholder
Regular Contributor

Would you mind stating the score that got her a denial? I'm in the low 600s (eqfax)
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

She was about 675 at the time - however I am fairly certain score had nothing to do with it. She was less than 1 yr post-dc, and all of the household income is mine - and Navy hates using nonpersonal household income for approvals
Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU typically pulls TU for CC and EQ for CLOC. I have seen some say that their EQ was pulled for CC.

I've been helping my sister with disputes etc. She applied for NFCU membership then immediately applied for the Cash Rewards card  Sunday with TU 598. Instant approval $1700. She was estatic to have her first credit card in years.

Something to note. I've noticed if you have less than 3 inquiries they're more apt to Instant approve a lower score. 

Message 18 of 20
steelholder
Regular Contributor

Tnt, Ive mostly heard they pull TU for membership and eqfx for CC. My TU is below 600 unfortunately, I'll wait it out..of Philly they'd pull eqfx for CC always.
Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

TransUnion for Membership/CC and CLOC is Equifax

I.E - This was less then 2-3 weeks ago.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.