Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU GO REWARDS APPROVAL AND UPDATE ON CH 7 REBUILD

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU GO REWARDS APPROVAL AND UPDATE ON CH 7 REBUILD

Ch 7 Bankruptcy d/c 10/2014

Start rebuild after finding the forum 1/16.

I joined NFCU a week ago with current scores below as of 6/15/17

EQ 8 629 EQ 9 597 EQ 5 mortgage 657
TU 8 644 TU 9 662 TU 4 mortgage 671
EX 8 645 EX 9 679 EX 2 mortgage 664

Current Cards:

Capital One Quiksilver CL $4500 $2800 Balance Opened 02/2016. Started out as 1 $500 Platinum card and 1 $500 Quiksilver One Card both grew to $2250 and then I combined them.

Jared Galleria Store Card CL $3400 $0 Balance Opened March 2017

Synchrony CL $2000 $0 Balance Opened 6/2016

Credit One CL $650 $0 Balance. Opened 1/2016

I am happy to say two days ago I couldn't resist and applied for both the NFCU CashRewards and the NFCU GO Rewards. I was denied the Cash Rewards but approved for the Go Rewards with a $2800 CL and a 18% APR. I also recently applied for USAA which I thought would have good products for credit cards, insurance and LOC loans but heard they weren't as bankruptcy friendly. Should I spend heavily on this card as a daily driver and pay in full each month to raise the CL quickly? How are they with their CLI and overall?

Thanks guys for your wisdom,

Steve

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU GO REWARDS APPROVAL AND UPDATE ON CH 7 REBUILD

Welll.. First thing I will say.. mark your calendar for about 95 days from today so that you can request a SP CLI.. (which could go anywhere from nowhere to a $20k+ CLI), but you can pretty much count on something decent. Overall, usage doesnt really seem to matter as far as CLI's go..  THey are great to work with... 

You should also go for a CLOC.. maybe for $5K or so..? You very well might be approeved on that

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 2 of 5
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

NFCU will do a SP for CLI after 90 or so days? That's an incredibly helpful tip!

What I use (& strongly recommend): Chase Sapphire Reserve | BofA/ML (Premium Rewards VS, Cash Rewards VS, Merrill+ VS) | AmEx (Amazon Prime Business)

What I have: NFCU | PenFed | General Electric CU | Wright Patt CU | Discover | BBVA | Apple Card (GS)

Total CL with Bank of America = $100,000 (Platinum Honors Merrill Client). I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, so feel free to message me if you have any planning/credit questions.

EQ 759, EX 765, TU 771 (06/10/2022)

I started with scores in the 400s in 2016. This forum is a Godsend--focus on the journey, be patient, and you'll definitely get there no matter the circumstances!

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Fltireguy,

That is really helpful I will definitely do that. I am very happy to be with NFCU and hope the card will grow with me.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.