Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU - HOLY SCHNIKIES!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU - HOLY SCHNIKIES!!!

Stunned is such an appropriate word! 

I've been reading lately about NFCU and how good they can be. My son is Navy but never thought about joining the CU until a couple days ago. Today I decided to join. As a matter of fact I joined 2 hours ago. I started my membership and figured I'd app for one of their cards tomorrow. After reading a bit more about them and their practices, I decided to app for the Flagship Visa an hour ago. I received the usual 24 hour message and crossed my fingers.  I recevived a text from them within minutes of apping saying that it's under review. I logged out and read a bit more here and felt good about my odds with NFCU. I closed my browser and got on with my day. 3 minutes later I receviced a text saying I was APPROVED! I was stoked! I logged into NFCU and Checked the application status of the CC. Not only was I approved for the Flagship Visa, I have a SL of $24k!!!!

My FICO's are in the 660's with only my student loans showing as baddies. Long story short but they have been paid off for over 2 years. I also have a Chase with a 6k limit and a Capital One with $3.5k. My util is over 85% due to an unforseen issue but I pay a bit above the minimums each month and am always ontime. I have no CO's and no BK's.

I've been an avid reader of these boards and have gained a lot of knowledge regarding my credit over the last 2 years. Tip of my hat to all of you that make it worth while!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Re: NFCU - HOLY SCHNIKIES!!!

Congrats OP, that one heck of a nice SL and it'll sure help out your over all utility once it reports Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

The Legend that is Navy continuesSmiley Happy CongratsSmiley Happy

Best title of the daySmiley Happy (R.I.P. CF)
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Navy approval!! Awesome SL
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on the very nice approval! Maybe you can BT to the Flagship at 0% from the Chase and Cap1? 

Gotta love NFCU!!!!

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow PhilCo super congrats on your awesome NF approval! 😊
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I really want to get in with NFCU!
Message 7 of 13
FA21
New Contributor

Congratulations!  I had the same surprise last week, NFCU is the best CU I ever seen.

NFCU Platinum $1700.00; Capital One Platinum $300.00; Discover (secure) $200.00; Bank One $300.00 (April 2017)

NFCU Platinum $1700.00; Capital One Quicksilver $1800.00; Discover $2000.00; (March 2019)
Message 8 of 13
baller4life
Super Contributor

Fabulous!! Gotta love Navy Fed!
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you mind providing some data points? income, and fico scores.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.