Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Platinum Approved: 2nd CC

tag
EmmaGolden
Frequent Contributor

NFCU Platinum Approved: 2nd CC

NFCU never ceases to amaze; approved 2nd CC. SL $6500 @ 13.49% Platinum Visa

I joined in July 2016, Cash Rewards approved Aug. 2016 SL $1700. CLI to $7500 in Nov, 2016. Did a BT at 0% to cash rewards in Dec, 2016 & have not added to it; just been paying it down. In Jan. 2017 CLOC approved for $2500. All I asked for as I didn’t want to seem too aggressive & my CLI in Nov was small in comparison to some.

Second CC wasn’t immediate; was prompted to call to verify. Spoke will another very polite & helpful customer service rep that verified & stated my app was under review. Immediately got a text stating same, under review.  Exactly 14 minutes later received the approval text.

Received alert immediately that TU was pulled by Navy, my FICO8 TU is 717.  

Thank you  MyFICO friends, if it wasn’t for you I would never have attempted to join NFCU. Even though I attempted to join via Navy League, I ended up joining through my dad when I called to check membership application status. Another fantastic rep that asked enough questions to bring up the subject that my dad was Army retired 27 yrs. in. Though now deceased, she was able to verify his information & I never had to submit his DD214, which I have.  I’m so thankful for NFCU & MyFIco.

Sorry tried to include webshot but it didn't work Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Re: NFCU Platinum Approved: 2nd CC

Congrats on the wonderful success you have had with Navy Fed
Message 2 of 8
EmmaGolden
Frequent Contributor

@Aduke1122 wrote:
Congrats on the wonderful success you have had with Navy Fed

Thank you Aduke1122 Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yay, Emma! Really good to see you here again, my friend, and I am so excited to see your success. Congratulations on your new card! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 8
EmmaGolden
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yay, Emma! Really good to see you here again, my friend, and I am so excited to see your success. Congratulations on your new card! Smiley Happy

Thank you hum Smiley Happy Always good to see you

It's been a good year for me thanks to great people on this forum like you. I have all of my most wanted cards, NFCU, Amex, Discover. Time to SD Synchrony, except maybe my Sam's Club. Capital One recently denied me when I applied to move up from their builder cards Smiley Sad They won't let me combine my QS1 & QS( originally a platinum) but did give me a cli of $500 on both cards at a year. Better than nothing since I don't use them much any more. I still use the Playstation card, my son is AU on it & he earns nice perks but may be time to SD the others. 

I see your seedling & it's probably time for me to seriously join you in the garden. Hold the gate open for me my friend Smiley Wink please & thank you

PS; Citi floods my mail box with offers but not sure I'm interested in nervous lenders, not that I planned on maxing my cards out. Just a matter of principal & I'm way over the Chase 5/24 rule Smiley Embarassed & Barclay is too nervous for me too. Happy with what I have!

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval! Awesome getting a second with Navy
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval! NFCU is really awesome! Glad I learned of the "in" from this forum, as well!!! Enjoy!

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@EmmaGolden wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you hum Smiley Happy Always good to see you

It's been a good year for me thanks to great people on this forum like you. I have all of my most wanted cards, NFCU, Amex, Discover. Time to SD Synchrony, except maybe my Sam's Club. Capital One recently denied me when I applied to move up from their builder cards Smiley Sad They won't let me combine my QS1 & QS( originally a platinum) but did give me a cli of $500 on both cards at a year. Better than nothing since I don't use them much any more. I still use the Playstation card, my son is AU on it & he earns nice perks but may be time to SD the others. 

I see your seedling & it's probably time for me to seriously join you in the garden. Hold the gate open for me my friend Smiley Wink please & thank you

PS; Citi floods my mail box with offers but not sure I'm interested in nervous lenders, not that I planned on maxing my cards out. Just a matter of principal & I'm way over the Chase 5/24 rule Smiley Embarassed & Barclay is too nervous for me too. Happy with what I have!

You are doing fantastic, Emma, and it's really nice to see. You have contributed quite a bit to this forum as well! Smiley Happy

Navy Federal is really liking you, and remember to ask for the APR reduction on the Platinum when your card hits one year of age!

Come on in to the garden my friend, the gate is always open and we can plant some beautiful flowers here.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.