Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Platinum Visa approval, low SL

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU Platinum Visa approval, low SL

Hi all, so I finally pulled the trigger and applied again for an NFCU card.  Yay, I was approved but for less than I was hoping for ($1k).  I originally applied back in January for the nRewards and a PLOC and was denied for both. At the time, I was just beginning my rebuild and had just added a few store cards via the SCT. I don't even recall if the store cards were reporting at that time, so all that might have been there was my auto loan and my discharged BK.

Aaaanyway, I've done quite a bit of rebuilding over the last 3 months:

No lates, 19 inquiries (too many, I know)

Utilization 3% - 5%

Auto loan (always on time)

Store cards:

Overstock $250/$0 bal

Williams Sonma $250/$0 bal

Eddie Bauer $250/$0 bal

Coldwater Creek $300/$25 bal

ImprovementsCatalog $1000/$0 bal

Bank Cards:

Cap1 QS $300/$95 bal (still not reporting)

Discover $1600/$500 bal

My question is, should I recon the NFCU SL or apply for a CLOC or both or neither?  I really want the CLOC but don't want to hurt myself with another HP.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Platinum Visa approval, low SL

Congrats! I too just got in with NFCU today.
Message 2 of 17
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

I would more than likely wait atleast 3 statements bf asking for any increases just bc with the range of your approval you were borderline so just give it some time and cool down with any new accounts and inquiries, trust me they seem not to like that very much esp if your file is newer or you have limited history or Bk
Message 3 of 17
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Congrats by the way don't worry it will grow bf you know it
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aduke1122 wrote:
I would more than likely wait atleast 3 statements bf asking for any increases just bc with the range of your approval you were borderline so just give it some time and cool down with any new accounts and inquiries, trust me they seem not to like that very much esp if your file is newer or you have limited history or Bk

I am going to take your sage advice and just garden for a bit. Smiley Happy  Thanks again, this community is AWESOME!

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Welcome to NFCU 👍

Message 6 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Very nice job getting approved gor a Navy ccSmiley Happy

If you were denied just 3 months ago, id recommend to just give it abit longer before asking for cli or cloc. Let you profile breath some and build a couple months history with Navy. The hard parts over, you got in, now enjoy the ride and keep improving the elements you can control like your utilization and inquiresSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval. I would wait and let your scores come up from your new accounts being added before going for CLOC
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I've been wanting to get into NFCU as well.
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all, so I finally pulled the trigger and applied again for an NFCU card.  Yay, I was approved but for less than I was hoping for ($1k).  I originally applied back in January for the nRewards and a PLOC and was denied for both. At the time, I was just beginning my rebuild and had just added a few store cards via the SCT. I don't even recall if the store cards were reporting at that time, so all that might have been there was my auto loan and my discharged BK.

Aaaanyway, I've done quite a bit of rebuilding over the last 3 months:

No lates, 19 inquiries (too many, I know)

Utilization 3% - 5%

Auto loan (always on time)

Store cards:

Overstock $250/$0 bal

Williams Sonma $250/$0 bal

Eddie Bauer $250/$0 bal

Coldwater Creek $300/$25 bal

ImprovementsCatalog $1000/$0 bal

Bank Cards:

Cap1 QS $300/$95 bal (still not reporting)

Discover $1600/$500 bal

My question is, should I recon the NFCU SL or apply for a CLOC or both or neither?  I really want the CLOC but don't want to hurt myself with another HP.

I suggest getting away from the store cards. Your in toy limit hell, your not going to get high credit lines if you keep that up.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.