Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Secured

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU Secured

I'm in the process of repairing credit as I have a contract on a new construction home with closing scheduled for August 31, 2017.

Just got the NFCU secured card for $1K last week and used $100 on it. Plan to keep it that way until statement hits so it can show 10% utilization. I have a CapOne secured (14mo old) that was increased to $500 that will report at $0 this month. I usually let CapOne report at $30 on credit report.

All my banking is done with NFCU, and I've been a member since July 2015. Hoping they will build trust in me and I can move to secured card and refinance my car with them after closing on the home of course Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Secured

Forgot to mention, according to MyFICO, my fico8 scores are 548 EQ/558 TU/ 568 EX
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone??

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

If those are you're only two cards, it would help to have a third, but with your home closing in August you may not to apply for anything now.
As your scores climb, Navy can help you more. Always good to have a relationship with them.
If you're looking for advice on rebuilding, you may get more responses in the Rebuilders forum. Also include more info on why your scores are so low
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
If those are you're only two cards, it would help to have a third, but with your home closing in August you may not to apply for anything now.
As your scores climb, Navy can help you more. Always good to have a relationship with them.
If you're looking for advice on rebuilding, you may get more responses in the Rebuilders forum. Also include more info on why your scores are so low

+1 what Tigers said - very good advice! 

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats to you, rookie! Navy Fed will continue to be there for you, so they're definitely a good friend to have! Like Tigers said, after closing on your home, get that third card. So happy that you're doing well, and it won't be too long before you're in your new home! Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on your new Navy card, no better CU to have in your back pocketSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 8
Hex
Valued Contributor

I think no more than 8% is the magic number for optimal scoring. I would let it report $75.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.