Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU! and Disco and CFU for DW

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU! and Disco and CFU for DW

As some will no doubt remember, we are buying a house. To be clear, the loan is in my name only and the LO states my wife's credit will not be checked nor will her debts. So in our case none of the following should be a problem in that process.

So the wife has been rebuilding and we paid off the rest of her collections late last year and then went into a holding pattern - even waiting to dispute inaccuracies like late student loan payments that were never late. 1 month ago her FICO scores were 629, 610, and 630. Once we knew we were not going FHA on the house and her credit would have no effect at all on the pending mortgage we decided to move ahead.

So April 8 she app'd for Chase Freedom Unlimited and was instantly approved for $5k, Discover IT Cash Back instant approval for $800, and turned down for Cap 1 Venture. We called to recon but my wife said no to another HP. (She had settled a Cap 1 account from 2012 a while back much like myself). She is AU on my cards.

Then we went ahead and got some things corrected including removing about 30 inaccurate lates on her student loans (she has never ever been late on them). Her FICO's improved to 689, 658, and 675 with only baddies being an old 7th AVE (really?!), an old first premier from 2011-12, and Portfolio (the Cap 1) - all paid in full or settled. 

So Sunday she agreed to app for the NFCU cashRewards after we were given advice here how to get her membership going. We had to call NFCU as we were in an endless loop online since she is joint account holder on my savings and checking. She set up her savings with a small instant transfer ($100) from our savings and then app'd online for the cc. Both were TU pulls. When the message came back for 24 hour review I felt pretty good and had to show her posts here so she felt better. Monday they sent a text - Need more information. We called and sent the requested documents to show she has access to my full income since she is not employed outside the house. Another 24 hour wait.

Then she got another text today that she was approved so we called again. 

NFCU approved her today for $24,000 at 11.4%!!!!

We are over 2,000 miles from "home", thanks to my (well-paying) job ($150k+). She has been worried how she would get home should something happen to me (I had a minor health scare last year). We have life insurance but thankfully have never had to use it so even though the long term is good the short term worried her. Well, not so much now. Between savings, insurance, and now her own credit, she feels less worried. 

So even though I'm slightly jealous because I have to wait still, I'm ecstatic for her. I plan to be back next month to tell you about my/our mortgage closing, my own cc approvals,  and our CLOC approval. 

And guess where I learned about NFCU...right here on MF where I've learned so much. So thanks to all of you for helping us both get back on track and in a position to make today possible. 

P.S. It's an approval so I put it here instead of the rebuilding forum, but won't quibble if it gets moved or duplicated there.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU! and Disco and CFU for DW

Congratulations on the awesome approval!!!
Message 2 of 7
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Awesome approvals for the wife , congrats on all the success you guys are having
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!! Those are some great approvals!!
Message 4 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Great job on attacking the baddies on DW profile. It stinks when they arent reporting correctly but you are doing all the right things. Cant wait to read your upcoming success stories. Big congrats to DW, tell her to come join the forum, the more the merrierSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 7
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Love, love your story, Joe Bob.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wonderful story Joe_Bob! Congratulations to you and your wife!!! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.