Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU approved Platinum Visa 2k SL

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU approved Platinum Visa 2k SL

I joined NFCU this past wednesday with a household member as a sponser. Apped for the Platinum Visa Thursday and received a 2k SL. Highest of my other cards in my rebuild. They pulled TU which was 598 at the time. Finnaly got my foot in the door with NFCU.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: NFCU approved Platinum Visa 2k SL

Awesome job! Nobody else i d rather start a rebuild with than NavySmiley Happy
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. I agree. Im closing my Creditone and Milestone cards first thing Monday.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hold on now....Slooow down

Why not allow, your other cards to mature a bit before you pull those CLs from your overall profile ( yes, they are ish cards, no doubt but why the mad rush to close them, what's plan)

How aged are they?
What size are the CLs?
Are AFs coming up or something?

I'd let the Navy Plat age
Allow the Credit 1 & the Milestone to hang out on the profile with 0% debt ratio, thus helping the overall debt ratio and allow for aging and history to work in your favor.

Don't get me wrong, I congratulate you on getting your Navy approval ( they are my #1) but in fairness for Navy 2k is a lower line for them, meaning something about your profile held them back from the SLs they are known for.

So perhaps leaving those two cards on your profile as more 'paid as agreed' open 0 usage but added into available CLs could actually be to your benefit?
Trust me I know, you want to drop both those bad habits ASAP but you want to have an endgame, 2 or 3 steps already in place.

Are the accounts new/young....If not how well managed have the been over the past year to o my get what Navy gave...We've gotta find where the smoke is coming from and address it or a new fire may appear.
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. I was so happy to get approved with NFCU back in November. It's my highest SL/CL  (24k) to date and it was an instant approval. I think it took 2-3 months for me to be approved for membership because I initially applied during the influx of apps. My app was lost and in review forever until I got so frustrated I cancelled my membership app and waited to resubmit about 2-3 months later. It was a very frustrating process but was worth it in the end. 

Message 5 of 12
steelers1
Frequent Contributor

I started with a $2,000 cl.

90 days and 3 statements later I'm at $15,000

It will grow quickly.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

They're both coming up on a year soon. Annual fees to follow. Credit one limit is 450. Milestone is 300. I also have a Discover IT secured 500 limit. Cap QS1,1100 and another QS1, 600 limit. I guess I can sock drawer the Credit one and milestone for another year.
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

What do you guys recommend.
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your new membership, and snagging a great card with a nice SL! Good for you! Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Stupendous starting limit for that score!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.