Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU cashRewards Visa Approved Today

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU cashRewards Visa Approved Today

wrote:

After you apply for your first CLI immediately apply for their lowest interest Platinum card. You may be pleasantly surprised with a much bigger card than the first. I've seen it happen quite often as of late. Good luck!

Getting the Platinum is just for the high SL, right? NFCU doesn't allow card combining and isn't the Platinum
basically a plain vanilla card? And wouldn't they frown on getting another card with a 3 month history? (I really don't want a repeat of my Chase story).

Message 11 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've joined NFCU the same time as you were and they gave me a $500 SL cashRewards also. I've passed my 3 statement yesterday. Did you asked for CLI? My ULT > 49%, iight wait till it dropped in next month
Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I've joined NFCU the same time as you were and they gave me a $500 SL cashRewards also. I've passed my 3 statement yesterday. Did you asked for CLI? My ULT > 49%, iight wait till it dropped in next month

I haven't received my 3rd statement yet (should cut on the 17th) and my 91 days+ should be around the end of this month/beginning of next month. My plan was to wait for the May AR (and hopefully luck into a SP CLI). 

Message 13 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

👍thanks and good luck. I was wondering about the next AR with NFCU. Better to plan ahead and keep the UTL low.
Message 14 of 24
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

wrote:

After you apply for your first CLI immediately apply for their lowest interest Platinum card. You may be pleasantly surprised with a much bigger card than the first. I've seen it happen quite often as of late. Good luck!

Getting the Platinum is just for the high SL, right? NFCU doesn't allow card combining and isn't the Platinum
basically a plain vanilla card? And wouldn't they frown on getting another card with a 3 month history? (I really don't want a repeat of my Chase story).

Congrats on the approval; like others have said, don't sweat the credit line... it will grow, and quickly!  Smiley Very Happy

There are other recent reports of others being in a similar position as yourself and doing quite well on a second card; check out this thread:  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Navy-Federal-Thread-for-CLI-and-Additional-Cards/m-p/5158981

It would take a while to read the whole thing, so just skip towards the end (the last month or so) and go from there... that should give you an idea of what's possible.  Smiley Wink

Also, check out @Anonymous's thread here:  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/NFCU-Platinum-CLI-and-CashRewards-Approved/m-p/5223172

Message 15 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good for you, OP. Well-deserved...and it will grow! Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 24
jlitnns
Established Contributor

@Anonymous
I haven't received my 3rd statement yet (should cut on the 17th) and my 91 days+ should be around the end of this month/beginning of next month. My plan was to wait for the May AR (and hopefully luck into a SP CLI). 

Hey OP, just an update for me. I was in a similar boat. $500SL on cashRewards card. My 3rd statement cut about 10 days ago. Went for CLI, only went from $500-->$1500. App'd for 2nd card (goRewards) and got an SL of $15,000, I requested to move $5,000 over to cashRewards card. I now have $6500 on cashRewards and $10,000 on goRewards. Also got a CLI on my CLOC from $10k-->$15k. I've never reported a balance on my card but I have been using the heck out of it. There is hope! I debated whether or not to wait for AR in May but read too many threads that it didn't really matter and since I have a lot of inquiries in the past 12 months I decided 1 more isn't going to matter. 

Good luck! Robot Very Happy

Message 17 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jlitnns wrote:

@Anonymous

Hey OP, just an update for me. I was in a similar boat. $500SL on cashRewards card. My 3rd statement cut about 10 days ago. Went for CLI, only went from $500-->$1500. App'd for 2nd card (goRewards) and got an SL of $15,000, I requested to move $5,000 over to cashRewards card. I now have $6500 on cashRewards and $10,000 on goRewards. Also got a CLI on my CLOC from $10k-->$15k. I've never reported a balance on my card but I have been using the heck out of it. There is hope! I debated whether or not to wait for AR in May but read too many threads that it didn't really matter and since I have a lot of inquiries in the past 12 months I decided 1 more isn't going to matter. 

Good luck! Robot Very Happy

Congratulations, jlitnns, you give me hope for the future. ;-)

Seriously, I've posted elsewhere that I would like a higher CLI, but not necessarily another card (although getting another card and shifting the amounts like you did seems like a good strategy). I asked this in another thread but haven't got a response but can you app for the same card (another CashRewards?) or does it have to be a different type of card?

Message 18 of 24
jlitnns
Established Contributor

@Anonymous

Seriously, I've posted elsewhere that I would like a higher CLI, but not necessarily another card (although getting another card and shifting the amounts like you did seems like a good strategy). I asked this in another thread but haven't got a response but can you app for the same card (another CashRewards?) or does it have to be a different type of card?

I honestly didn't think of getting another cashRewards card until after I had app'd for the GoRewards. I don't see why you can't but I haven't seen anything else stating otherwise either. I want the AMEX for my third card then after that I might try and move my remaining $10k over to cashRewards and close the GoRewards later this year and just have cash and AMEX.

Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like a plan! I might follow your steps :-)
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.