Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU line of credit approved!!!

tag
wyattm
New Contributor

NFCU line of credit approved!!!

I'm not sure if I'm posting in the correct place so feel free to move if not. I was just approved for a $4500 line of credit from NFCU which is the amount I asked for. I'm now wishing I had asked for more, has anybody ever asked for more after an approval and got it? Should I do this or wait?

thank you! 

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU line of credit approved!!!

Congrats, you can ask for more...

Message 2 of 16
uswala
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

Message 3 of 16
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! You should have asked for the full $15k. CA should be able to tell you if you can go back for the rest. Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the Approval!!!Smiley Happy

Not sure if you can recon for the entire 15k, but like Coldnmn said.. Creditaddict should be along shortly and tell you your best move...  He knows NFCU pretty well as I was just approved this week as well..

Message 5 of 16
baller4life
Super Contributor

He is going to say go back and ask for full $15k.
Message 6 of 16
wyattm
New Contributor

Thanks everyone! How do I go about asking for more? Do I just say I would like to request more? New to doing thatSmiley Wink
Message 7 of 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

UGH... okay so you have to wait for the documents to come and sign them and for the account to go active online.

Once it is active online you can go in and apply for the navcheck, then on the next screen it will ask if you are applying for a new one or a cli

then it will tell you the max cli you can ask for (to bring it to $15k) ASK FOR THE MAX ALWAYS WITH NAVY! OMG

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

wyattm wrote:

I'm not sure if I'm posting in the correct place so feel free to move if not. I was just approved for a $4500 line of credit from NFCU which is the amount I asked for. I'm now wishing I had asked for more, has anybody ever asked for more after an approval and got it? Should I do this or wait?

thank you! 

Congratulations!!!

They just approved me as well about 2 days ago!!

Message 9 of 16
wyattm
New Contributor

Thank you! I was afraid to ask for the full amount out of the gate and get denied. Lesson learned.
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.