Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU starting credit line Recon for SAHM

tag
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Re: NFCU starting credit line Recon for SAHM

Thanks AJC I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you , I am just more disappointed than anything esp when I see so many approvals for ppl with sub 600 scores with BIG SLs , oh well 😔 so why are you waitIng until August to try again? If you tried early you could try again when you are certain your over 90 days and 3 statements, or you waiting for a new AR?
Message 21 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, this is amazing Kiera!! It's not easy being a mom!

Message 22 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!

As an update of sorts, my most recent round of consumer credit scores came in and all my scores rose. I was sitting with two low 800s and one stubborn high 700s. I'd been like that for years and couldn't get them to budge. Now I have two mid 800s and the stubborn has crossed 800 for the first time ever. I know I need to switch to just checking my FICO scores, but it was still nice to see the fake ones go up.
Message 23 of 25
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Way to go for you !!!
Message 24 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My $500 CL was reconned to $20k, effective immediately.

So yes, hard pull happy NFCU got me 4x (with TU to join plus EQ [I believe for the CLOC] & TU again [twice before I even submitted the recon] for the CC applications)

But I've added a 15K LOC and a 20K Visa to my profile bringing me to 3 or 4 TLs total - not sure if the LOC reports as revolving. I know the hard pulls will drop off a year before it's time to apply for a mortgage, so I'm not that worried about them. In addition, since we might consider NFCU as a lender for our VA Loan we thought it would be good to establish a history with them ahead of time.

Thank you to all the people who have posted about NFCU in the past, I wouldn't have had the balls to do my first recon without the missives that have been left here by those who came before me.  xx

Thank you for sharing your experience! I am in a similar  situation as you except that in my case it's a stay at home dad. I was approved for a cash rewards with a $5k limit, which in and of itself is not bad for a start, but I was hoping for something more in line with my 10k Disco to give me a bit more leverage to put some large upcoming purchases through NFCU. While my wife has the regular income, I have a significant amount of assets spread across a number of CU cds/ savings accounts/ nfcu certificates & a Amex high yield savings. I had been going back and forth on whether to recon my starting limit or not, and after reading your story I think I'm going to go ahead and send a SM for recon along with some screenshots of various holdings outside of NFCU to support a larger limit. Congrats on the recon!

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.