Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU

So I joined NFCU on December 12th, 2016. ALL because of what was being tossed around on this forum. March 12th was my 90 day and the AR had been done. I app'd for a CLOC that I was denied for when I joined and only asked for $3000 (was scared due to recent denials). GOT IT. Also app'd for a CLI on my Cash Rewards and was denied. Smiley Sad

So today, I'm reading and reading on here and notice something I hadn't before. On a post from like 2008, a guy app'd for CLI on his Cash Rewards and had a high balance. He asked the forum why and the resounding answer was *DUH*....high balance. So he didn't really reply but I figured WTH. Paid off all but $71.99 and re-app'd today. Went from $1400.00 to $7,000.00 instant approval with rep on the phone (initially was looking for recon options but had to take the hard pull, oh well). 

I AM FREAKING OUT! Never in my life have I had this much credit. I can use my cards now within my means and PIF monthly and NOT at a crazy UTIL!!!!! 

Thank you NFCU and THANK YOU fellow board members. Without you and this forum, I would not have accomplished this today. 

Now...off to the garden for a LOOOOOONG time. 

THANKS AGAIN!!!!!

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU

Congrats on your CLI.  NFCU is fantastic and that card will continue grow in the future.

Message 2 of 16
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the Cloc and CLI OP , could you share some data pts with us plz
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aduke1122 wrote:
Congrats on the Cloc and CLI OP , could you share some data pts with us plz

Absolutely. Which would you want? 

Message 4 of 16
AllCredit
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on your CLI

Message 5 of 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

NAVYGarden, a most beautiful place to visit Smiley Wink
Message 6 of 16
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Scores and UTi at the time of both Approvals for Cc and Cloc plz , also how many inquiries and new accounts in the lady year?
Message 7 of 16
Gidgetmom
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations!  Great work!

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aduke1122 wrote:
Scores and UTi at the time of both Approvals for Cc and Cloc plz , also how many inquiries and new accounts in the lady year?

OK, sorry had to get back to work before I could find all my documents. Everything is below.

SCORES: EX: 652, EQ: 629, TU: 649

UTIL: All zero except NFCU Cash Rewards which had a zero dollar balance. When I app'd for CLOC the week before it was a bit higher, had a $1000 balance on NFCU CR that I KNOW was the only factor keeping me from an instant approval on that one. Also had $100 balance on Cap1. Small balance helps with NFCU, clearly.

NEW ACCOUTNS THIS YEAR:

CAP1 Quicksilver 8/1

NFCU Cash Rewards 12/1

SAC FCU CLOC 7/1

INQUIRIES:

EX - 6, EQ - 7, TU - 7. (Was credit hunting/app spreeing) 

Message 9 of 16
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Thank you for sharing the data pts with me ☺️
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.