Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Established Member

Re: NFCU

Congrats on the CLI!!!  I hit the luv button on Friday evening and got the "under review. answer within 24 hours" response. Still having a little optimism that I will get some similar luv from them

Contributor

bogeygolfer wrote:

Congrats on the CLI!!!  I hit the luv button on Friday evening and got the "under review. answer within 24 hours" response. Still having a little optimism that I will get some similar luv from them

If you have a balance, pay it to under $100 and if they deny you, I'd call in and ask them to reconsider. That's what I had to do as mine went under review also. It's another pull but WTH if you can get a sweet CLI right?

Just my $.02.

In the garden since 4/2017 Total Credit Lines: $19,000
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Congrats, NFCU makes the HP's worthwhile.  Take good care of your CC and CLOC and in 6 months after the AR you can get yourself a CLI without having to do the HP.  Once you get that CLI it should go up to close to 20k or perhaps over.  If you get a CLI at that level you might want to take a crack at another NFCU card and grow that one.  There is a great thread on NFCU CLIs under Credit Card Applications started by Credit Addict.

NFCU Go Rewards 18k, NFCU Go Rewards AU 22k, NFCU CLOC 15k, NFCU N Rewards 14k, Amex ED preferred 12k, Amex BC 1k, USAA CL 2k, Hawaiian Air Barclay 1.2k, Venture One 10.1k, Target 7k, Citi Costco 2k, Citi AAdvantage 7k, NFCU Platinum AU $14K, Penfed Platinum Rewards $5.5k. PayPal 2.2K, Discover IT 6k

Gardening till 2018, Goal of 700's by the end of 2017
MyFico Scores June 2017: EQ 692 TU 703 EXP 698
Contributor

[ Edited ]

workingfor850 wrote:

Congrats, NFCU makes the HP's worthwhile.  Take good care of your CC and CLOC and in 6 months after the AR you can get yourself a CLI without having to do the HP.  Once you get that CLI it should go up to close to 20k or perhaps over.  If you get a CLI at that level you might want to take a crack at another NFCU card and grow that one.  There is a great thread on NFCU CLIs under Credit Card Applications started by Credit Addict.

Yep! You pretty much nailed the plan. SUPER familiar with CreditAddicts thread. It's amazing and is what spurred this whole thing as I just got the first AR in March. I'm hoping to get scores around 700-750 by the end of this year. The only thing I forsee is UTIL going up high for a while. **EDIT: Wait...I have $12,800 in available credit now....I have to stop thinking of $800 as high utilization! Still getting used to the thought of being able to spend WITHIN my means WITHOUT being at like 99% utilization!!!!!!!!** Getting married May 6th. It's mostly getting paid for in cash but then we have the honeymoon as well. Worst case scenario will pay everything all the way down with 2017 tax return but SERIOUSLY doubt it'll get that bad. Have actually been really suprised how much I've been able to put through these cards and not really strain my finances, still saving, etc. I'm super comfortable with my SLs right now but it'd sure be fun to have a 20-25k card just for bragging rights lol. I think the next thing I have my eye on is a metal card though. Family member just showed me their metal Amazon Prime card today. Pretty slick! But it'll be a year probably before I app for ANYTHING else unless we have a car go out or something and need an auto loan. What a cool feeling knowing that I'll likely get approved though! AHHH!!! LOVE THIS FORUM! LOVE NFCU! Cap1 is okay. LOL

Contributor

Aduke1122 wrote:
Thank you for sharing the data pts with me ☺️

No problem. Thanks for all your posts. You really helped me along my journey. Especially with NFCU. Are you compiling stats somewhere, sir? Would love to see a spreadsheet or something...

Valued Contributor

Congrats. That's an awesome CLI
State Farm Rewards (3,000) ~ Marvel MC (1,500) ~ PenFed Power Cash (5,000) ~ PenFed Promise (6,000) ~ PenFed OLOC (500) ~ Discover ($1,000) ~ Citi DC (1,700) ~ NFCU cashRewards (6,200) ~ NFCU Platinum (1,700) ~ NFCU CLOC (15,000) ~ QuickSilver Visa (10,300) ~ DCU Visa (5,000) ~ Chase Freedom Unlimited (3,000) ~ Amex Hilton Honors (5,000) ~ Amex SPG Business (3,000) ~ Care Credit (12,000)
Current Scores (6/8/17): 665 Transunion, 650 Equifax, 612 Experian

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.