Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU

tag
QUEENOFCANDLES
Established Member

NFCU

I recently obtained an auto loan with them 52k. They approved an nrewards card but only $1,000. But its my highest CL yet! Should I go ahead and request an overdraft LOC??? Is that harder to get approval for? Or am I pushing my luck here....
Aug 2013-TU562, EX519, EQ445
Current -TU636, EX618, EQ602
Rebuilding!!!
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: NFCU

@QUEENOFCANDLES wrote:
I recently obtained an auto loan with them 52k. They approved an nrewards card but only $1,000. But its my highest CL yet! Should I go ahead and request an overdraft LOC??? Is that harder to get approval for? Or am I pushing my luck here....

I would send a secure message online that while you are very happy to be approved for the credit card, based on the fact that you were approved for such a large auto loan you were hoping for a higher starting CL with Navy and see if they will pump you up a bit, I wouldn't even say a number.

Then lets talk about the loc after those results.

Message 2 of 11
QUEENOFCANDLES
Established Member

I shall do that and revert back! Hold please Smiley Happy
Aug 2013-TU562, EX519, EQ445
Current -TU636, EX618, EQ602
Rebuilding!!!
Message 3 of 11
azguy13
Senior Contributor

That is excellent advice from CreditAddict but just be aware that NFCU is HP happy so try and convince them to use the same HP if they start talking about having to pull your report again. 

Message 4 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@azguy13 wrote:

That is excellent advice from CreditAddict but just be aware that NFCU is HP happy so try and convince them to use the same HP if they start talking about having to pull your report again. 

That's why you just send the secure message, it goes to the right department to do it and they won't pull again unlike if you call in and try to do it they seem to tell you it's hp.

Message 5 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on your approvals Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 11
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on your approvals and best of luck with your secure message! Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 11
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approvals Smiley Happy

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 8 of 11
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.