Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NRA Baby! Going Gas Hunting.

tag
trusty
Frequent Contributor

NRA Baby! Going Gas Hunting.

fnbo.PNG

Approved for FNBO NRA Visa Signature, with a limit of 10k! Not too shabby for FNBO, eh?

Now, I can finally get 5% cash back on gas, again. (Previous relationship with Amex - Simply Cash Biz)

Plus, I think the first purchase bonus is 40 bucks cash back. Can't hurt, no pun intended.

I have to say that this particular black card is one of the coolest I've seen. Also, you can't really make out "NRA" unless you already know what you're looking for.

I'm not trying to make a political statement with the card. I'm just too much like my grandma, in some respects. Sometimes, I just can't pass up a good deal when I see it.

Data points: Pulled EX. Had only 1 inquiry at time of application. Score ~780. I was also able to get them to lower the cash advance limit to zero, straightaway. - So now, Capital One is the only company I know of that won't lower the cash limit, at all. I wonder why?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
peghede
Valued Contributor

Re: NRA Baby! Going Gas Hunting.

Congrats m8 now get some 93 octane.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sweet Deal.. Congrats..

Message 3 of 11
Miner
Frequent Contributor

Today, the link to that card disappeared. I noticed as I was doing some research on my future card apps in late spring. Likely due to the current attacks in some media on companies with a relationship with the NRA. Congrats on the new card. It looks like you barely squeezed under the wire. Everyone else will likely need to wait a few weeks for the heat to subside unless they call the bank directly.
Current FICO8: EQ:782, TU:754, EX:767 | 1x 30 day late 6yrs ago
AAoA: 10 years; AAoOA: 13 months; Credit Length: 21 years
INQ Eq: 3 / Tu: 5 (4 for auto) / Ex: 9 (5 for auto)
Message 4 of 11
trusty
Frequent Contributor

@Minerwrote:
Today, the link to that card disappeared. I noticed as I was doing some research on my future card apps in late spring. Likely due to the current attacks in some media on companies with a relationship with the NRA. Congrats on the new card. It looks like you barely squeezed under the wire. Everyone else will likely need to wait a few weeks for the heat to subside unless they call the bank directly.

Wow! I can't find the link anymore, either.

Who knows... Could be a DDOS attack. NRA is not the type that just goes away quietly.

Although, cardholders could very well be be totally abusing the non-capped functionality of their 5% cash back rewards plan. From what I've read, the gas discount also applies to any purchases inside the gas station, as well. Heck, if that's the case, some gas stations probably sell gift cards, too.

Perhaps, they will just go down as yet another failed 5% gas card... and are using current events as a bit of cover from the otherwise poor timing.

Hopefully, those of us that already have the card are grandfathered in... to keep the rewards program. I'd be a bit more than perturbed if they canceled on me, so soon. But, it wouldn't be the first or last time that a deal has soured.

I'm trying to figure out exactly where the 5% cash back is coming from, anyway? Ultimately, no one just gives away more money than they get back, certainly not in perpetuity. - In the end, if you get enough people abusing a deal... it simply cannot last.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well done! When the dust settles from my recent App Spree, I'll be shooting for this card (no pun intended).

Personally, I like the card with "NRA" prominently shown, nice and bold - like my guns, the bolder the better.

Message 6 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Good will hunting TrustySmiley Happy
Message 7 of 11
WowCool
Frequent Contributor

It looks like FNBO is not going to renew contract with the National Rifle Association. No more apps it looks like.

Message 8 of 11
Benzman
Frequent Contributor

@WowCoolwrote:

It looks like FNBO is not going to renew contract with the National Rifle Association. No more apps it looks like.

Correct. Here's the link to AP news;

AP News

Amex CM 10K | Amex ED 10K | Amex BCE 7.5K | 5/3RD SU2C 10K | 5/3RD SU2C 6.5K | Barclays Cash 6K | Barclay AARP 3.5K | Bread AMEX 9K | Citizens Cash 8K | Citizens Clear 2K | Citi® DP 11.3K | Citi® Simplicity 9.4K | Citi® TY 6.5K | Citi® DC 4K | Citi CuC 3.4K | Cap One QS 14.6K | Cap One WM MC 11K | Discover It 19.5K | Discover Miles 13.5K | BOA Cash 13.2K | BOA 7K | US Bank State Farm Visa 4K | US Bank AMEX 22.5K | US Bank Plat 16.5K | US Bank Cash 11.2K | FNBO Rewards 20K | FNBO Evergreen 11.3K | Huntington Voice 7,750K | Huntington Voice Rewards 8.7K | PF|CP Rewards 8.2K | PF|CP Gold 3.2K | PNC Cash 15K | PNC Core 15K | PNC Points 8K | Fidelity 15K | Wells Active 12K | Wells Reflect 10K | Target MC 12.5K | TD Cash 4.5K | Truist 6.5K | Truist 6.5K | Truist 6.5K | Truist 6.5K | Synch Premier MC 11.6K | Ebay MC 10K | Apple Card 5.5K | Deserve Digital 6K | Simon AMEX 6K | Chase Amazon 1.5K | F8 Scores 4/23 EX789; TU781; EQ792.
Message 9 of 11
trusty
Frequent Contributor

Well, at least all is not lost. For those still interested in getting a 5% cash back gas card, before they likely all go extinct; FNBO still offers the Ducks Unlimited card. But, there's no sign up bonus of $40; which isn't exactly a major loss, as the top travel card bonuses are literally over ten times that.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.