Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy AmEx Approved :)

tag
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Navy AmEx Approved :)

Submitted the app yesterday, went pending. Got a text today saying You're Approved!, but no details.

I called them up and I was Approved for...$600 LOL

An approval is still an approval and I can grow this card. I just had a CLI on my MC up to $33k so I could be at my limit with NFCU right now. YMMV I guess

TU 783
1 Inq in last 6 months
7 Inq in las 12 months
1 new account last 6 months
5 new accounts in last 12 months
No baddies or negatives..

$600...like a boss Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Re: Navy AmEx Approved :)

Forgot...11.99% APR so not too shabby there
Message 2 of 22
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

U are most likely at your max exsposure with them i wouldn't lower my AAOA for a $600 approval lol.  Forgot to add u can send a secure message they might move some from your other card.

Message 3 of 22
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Well I just took a HP to get it passed $25k...I'm not worried about it. It'll grow quickly with SP's faster than other banks might grow. I'm still pleased with it!

It made me chuckle lol
Message 4 of 22
Spotsy
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the approval...and at least you got approved....no luv for me from them today on this card. Clean files and high (but sub 800) scores...not even pending...just a big NO!  I do already have 2 cards at 25k each...maybe I hit their max for me for now. :-(

LOL...anyways, congrats.

FICO 8: TU:831 / EQ:837 / EX:827 as of 12/25/2023
Message 5 of 22
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

So we're in a silimar boat...you at least have it at $50k already...I did read about another poster getting a 3rd Navy approved at $11k (already having 2 $25k cards) so they will do it, I guess the 3rd card is where they really start taking a deeper look.
Message 6 of 22
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats, credit!
Message 7 of 22
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Thanks Total80skid!
Message 8 of 22
mrldp40
Established Contributor

Didnt know navy approved below 1k .that gives me hope . congrats .can be 25 k before you know it
ready to start a rebuild ex 533 eq 518 tu 541
inquiries EQ 2 EX 0 TU 1 multiple charge off current card green dot secured 500
Message 9 of 22
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@mrldp40 wrote:
Didnt know navy approved below 1k .that gives me hope . congrats .can be 25 k before you know it

I've seen them approve as low as $500 and they tend to be both lenient and generous -- a dangerously rare combo for me lol 

I'm hoping in 6 months I can at least beef it up to $10k, of course more is always welcomed. Good Luck if you decide to take the plunge and update us on your results!

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.