Did you mean: 

Navy Fed CLI

tag
flyingace
Valued Member

Re: Navy Fed CLI

@Bigdaddy69 wrote:
Yeah, good for you....they hate me

No need to be negative on this poster's thread. You created another one, in which people are trying to help you as well!

In my Snoopy holder: NFCU Flagship Sig Visa-- $11K | Chase Freedom -- $2500 | AMEX BCE -- $2000 | Amazon Visa -- $2000 | Discover It $1500| Old Navy Visa -- $1000 | Target Red Card -- $300

TU (Disc Pull 4/29/13) -- 752 | AmexEQ (6/13/13) -- 728 | AmexEXP-- 737 | AmexTU-- 737 (5/28/13)
Goals: 740 EQ/EXP/TU
Gardening until 12/3/13 -- or longer
Message 11 of 17
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Every step in the upward direction is a great step!  You've done great and congratuations!!

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 12 of 17
mk2012

Thats great news I am in the rebuilding phase right now and I had bad blood with NFCU for the last 5 years (long story) but it wasn't due to any non payment issues. I finally got them to reconsider my worth and I applied for a CC the next day and was given a 5K flagship rewards card. Im super duper stoked! Should I wait to try and get a car loan or should I wait for a while before applying? I just got the CC in the mail today.

Message 13 of 17
babyeyes00
Regular Contributor

CONGRATS!!! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 555
Current Score: 685
Goal Score: 825

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 17
credithappy
Regular Contributor

@mk2012 wrote:

Thats great news I am in the rebuilding phase right now and I had bad blood with NFCU for the last 5 years (long story) but it wasn't due to any non payment issues. I finally got them to reconsider my worth and I applied for a CC the next day and was given a 5K flagship rewards card. Im super duper stoked! Should I wait to try and get a car loan or should I wait for a while before applying? I just got the CC in the mail today.

Congrats to you.

Amex Green - Amex BCP - Amex Everyday Card - Amex Rose Gold - Elan Visa - Xcel FCU Visa - Walmart MC - Sam's MC - Macy's - Bloomingdales - Nordstrom - Sam's Club CC - Discover IT and US Bank Visa FlexPerks - AMEX HHonors - NAVcheck - NAVcashRewards Sig Visa, NAVgoRewards MC, Chase Amazon VISA, BoA CashRewards VISA - Chase Marriott Reward Premier CC, Jetblue Card MC, PenFed Power CR Visa Signature Card, Chase Freedom, Nordy VISA and BBVA
Message 15 of 17
credithappy
Regular Contributor

@Way wrote:

Just another quick plug about how fantastic NFCU is....

I'm still very much in a rebuild phase, but I wanted to share my success with Navy Federal.  As of today, MyFico EQ is reporting 597 and I'm at 81% utilization.  I've been with NFCU since Sept 2012.  They started me out with a $1500 Cashrewards card and a $3k Navcheck when no other lender would touch me.  In December, Navcheck was bumped to 5K.  I just recently passed the 6 month mark on both lines and put in a CLI request yesterday.  Today I received a $2500 increase on the Navcheck and a $1500 increase on the cashrewards card.  In 6 months I've gone from not established at all with Navy Federal to $10.5K in unsecured credit and just over 33K in auto loans (all the while with scores that more conventional lenders wouldn't even consider).

While I haven't made the huge 150 point leaps I see from other folks, I am up about 60 points since the same time last year (and that is with horrible utilization damaging my score.)  I'm looking forward to scorewatch updates over the next 30 days as my recent payments and cli's begin to report.  I should be down around 40% utilization.

I don't post often, but I read every day.  You guys are all fantastic...I love all the info I pick up through this site.  Hopefully in another 6-12 months I'll be able to add to my limited portfolio outside of NavyFed.

Congrats to you.

Amex Green - Amex BCP - Amex Everyday Card - Amex Rose Gold - Elan Visa - Xcel FCU Visa - Walmart MC - Sam's MC - Macy's - Bloomingdales - Nordstrom - Sam's Club CC - Discover IT and US Bank Visa FlexPerks - AMEX HHonors - NAVcheck - NAVcashRewards Sig Visa, NAVgoRewards MC, Chase Amazon VISA, BoA CashRewards VISA - Chase Marriott Reward Premier CC, Jetblue Card MC, PenFed Power CR Visa Signature Card, Chase Freedom, Nordy VISA and BBVA
Message 16 of 17
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats on the increase!!!

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.