Established Member
TraumaMomm2

Navy Federal Approval!

Approved for the NAVCHECK (didn't give amount-- I asked for the full $15,000). And for the cash back card for $2,000. I was really hoping for a higher limit after seeing some of the ridiculous limits people with much lower scores and tons of baddies. 

FICO: 660 (they pulled EQ) I do have a lot of inquiries (we just bought a new house and new car). No lates, one OLD medical collection.

I'm still thrilled to be approved :smileyhappy:

In the garden until 4/2015 and then only to refinance the house! I promise!
Valued Contributor
MsLadyRover

Re: Navy Federal Approval!

Congrats!!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

TraumaMomm2 wrote:

Approved for the NAVCHECK (didn't give amount-- I asked for the full $15,000). And for the cash back card for $2,000. I was really hoping for a higher limit after seeing some of the ridiculous limits people with much lower scores and tons of baddies. 

FICO: 660 (they pulled EQ) I do have a lot of inquiries (we just bought a new house and new car). No lates, one OLD medical collection.

send a secure message online saying you are thrilled to start your relationship with Navy Federal but you are a little surprised by the $2k limit and you were really hoping for more.

If you really want to push the decision you could attach 2 paystubs to the message, that about gaurantees a positive recon... if you do have good income and you do prove it, I would put an amount in your recon like $15k or $20k, if you don't provide paystubs, just don't say an amount and ask for the recon in general based on building relationship and making it your go to card with the new 1.5% on all purchases.

Fico Scores: EQ- 626 Overstck., TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 Chase (11-05-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
66 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Community Leader
Mega Contributor
coldnmn

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

My Wallet /US Bank Cash+ Signature $10,000/ Ace US Bank Signature $10,000 / Sam's Mastercard $8500
/ Walmart Mastercard $8000 / Discover IT $5000 / Care Credit $5000
/ Husqvarna $5000 / PayPal SmartConnect $4800 / Cap1 Quicksilver $4000 / Barclay Ring $3550
Last App 8/12/14 /

Established Member
TraumaMomm2

Creditaddict wrote:

TraumaMomm2 wrote:

send a secure message online saying you are thrilled to start your relationship with Navy Federal but you are a little surprised by the $2k limit and you were really hoping for more.

If you really want to push the decision you could attach 2 paystubs to the message, that about gaurantees a positive recon... if you do have good income and you do prove it, I would put an amount in your recon like $15k or $20k, if you don't provide paystubs, just don't say an amount and ask for the recon in general based on building relationship and making it your go to card with the new 1.5% on all purchases.

CreditAddict: THANK YOU!! I think I'll do that now! :smileyhappy: I can prove income of nearly $100,000-- so that should help :smileywink:

Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

TraumaMomm2 wrote:

Creditaddict wrote:

TraumaMomm2 wrote:

CreditAddict: THANK YOU!! I think I'll do that now! :smileyhappy: I can prove income of nearly $100,000-- so that should help :smileywink:

what other credit limits do you have?

I would probably ask for $25k and see!!

Established Member
TraumaMomm2

we have card limits ranging from $500 to $4500

Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

yeah, will paystubs, shoot for the $25k and see what they come back at :smileyhappy:

Established Member
TraumaMomm2

Message sent!!! Now we wait....

Established Contributor
ssondubs

Congrats on the approvals. Good luck on the CL recon. Welcome to the Navy family.
NFCU Visa Signature cashRewards $14k | NFCU Flagship $14k | NFCU NavChek $10k | Barclay Rewards $1k | BBVA Compass $6k | Chase Freedom $3k | Diners Club $5k | Bank of America $2.5k | Amazon $2.1k | Chevron $1k | Walmart $1.1k |
11/11/2014 - EQ 695 | EXP 715 | TU 732

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}