Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Approval!

tag
TraumaMomm2
Valued Member

Navy Federal Approval!

Approved for the NAVCHECK (didn't give amount-- I asked for the full $15,000). And for the cash back card for $2,000. I was really hoping for a higher limit after seeing some of the ridiculous limits people with much lower scores and tons of baddies. 

FICO: 660 (they pulled EQ) I do have a lot of inquiries (we just bought a new house and new car). No lates, one OLD medical collection.

I'm still thrilled to be approved Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Approval!

Congrats!!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 25
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@TraumaMomm2 wrote:

Approved for the NAVCHECK (didn't give amount-- I asked for the full $15,000). And for the cash back card for $2,000. I was really hoping for a higher limit after seeing some of the ridiculous limits people with much lower scores and tons of baddies. 

FICO: 660 (they pulled EQ) I do have a lot of inquiries (we just bought a new house and new car). No lates, one OLD medical collection.

send a secure message online saying you are thrilled to start your relationship with Navy Federal but you are a little surprised by the $2k limit and you were really hoping for more.

If you really want to push the decision you could attach 2 paystubs to the message, that about gaurantees a positive recon... if you do have good income and you do prove it, I would put an amount in your recon like $15k or $20k, if you don't provide paystubs, just don't say an amount and ask for the recon in general based on building relationship and making it your go to card with the new 1.5% on all purchases.

Message 3 of 25
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 4 of 25
TraumaMomm2
Valued Member

Creditaddict wrote:

TraumaMomm2 wrote:

send a secure message online saying you are thrilled to start your relationship with Navy Federal but you are a little surprised by the $2k limit and you were really hoping for more.

If you really want to push the decision you could attach 2 paystubs to the message, that about gaurantees a positive recon... if you do have good income and you do prove it, I would put an amount in your recon like $15k or $20k, if you don't provide paystubs, just don't say an amount and ask for the recon in general based on building relationship and making it your go to card with the new 1.5% on all purchases.

CreditAddict: THANK YOU!! I think I'll do that now! Smiley Happy I can prove income of nearly $100,000-- so that should help Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 25
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@TraumaMomm2 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@TraumaMomm2 wrote:

CreditAddict: THANK YOU!! I think I'll do that now! Smiley Happy I can prove income of nearly $100,000-- so that should help Smiley Wink

what other credit limits do you have?

I would probably ask for $25k and see!!

Message 6 of 25
TraumaMomm2
Valued Member

we have card limits ranging from $500 to $4500

Message 7 of 25
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

yeah, will paystubs, shoot for the $25k and see what they come back at Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 25
TraumaMomm2
Valued Member

Message sent!!! Now we wait....

Message 9 of 25
dursty87
Established Contributor

Congrats on the approvals. Good luck on the CL recon. Welcome to the Navy family.
Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.