Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Credit Card Approved, but low limit

tag
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Credit Card Approved, but low limit

No, I don't need additional credit lines.  I simply followed the crowd last year when many of us were joining USA Fed solely for the purpose of being grandfathered into NFCU.  I thought it would be a superior credit union and I could eventually move my money and my lolalty to them.

However, for the sake of the original poster whose thread I seem to have hijacked, I sincerely hope your experience with them is better than mine.

I do wonder however, how many of us who followed the piper last fall to gain membership with NFCU, are experiencing the same discrimination as I.

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 17
creditguy-378
Regular Contributor

i have heard on other forums the max the score counts is around 50k so any tl over that won't help your score out but it can hurt your score if you miss payments or ect...   

always use credit wisely and you won't ever feel like you're working just for the task master
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Itsmeagain wrote:

No, I don't need additional credit lines.  I simply followed the crowd last year when many of us were joining USA Fed solely for the purpose of being grandfathered into NFCU.  I thought it would be a superior credit union and I could eventually move my money and my lolalty to them.

However, for the sake of the original poster whose thread I seem to have hijacked, I sincerely hope your experience with them is better than mine.

I do wonder however, how many of us who followed the piper last fall to gain membership with NFCU, are experiencing the same discrimination as I.

I wonder if NFCU is doing something like some banks have done before: paint all customers of one or another stressed creditor with the same brush.

There have been cases where people have been denied credit just because their mortgage -- in excellent standing, by the way -- was with Countrywide.  Could Navy Federal be treating former USA Fed customers the same way?

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I joined Navy last fall via USAFed.  App'd for Plat Visa on 4/1, instant $17k approval @ 7.99% APR. 

There's something in your file that doesn't thrill them.  Call em up and ask, they don't bite.

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@I joined Navy last fall via USAFed.  App'd for Plat Visa on 4/1, instant $17k approval @ 7.99% APR. 

There's something in your file that doesn't thrill them.  Call em up and ask, they don't bite.

In a way, that's good to hear.  At least we know that USA Fed'ers aren't treated like step-children.

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I joined Navy last fall via USAFed.  @App'd for Plat Visa on 4/1, instant $17k approval @ 7.99% APR. 

Congratulation shadow!! 

Message 16 of 17
DonMzBhavin
New Contributor

I am a new member too I filed bk 05/12, discharged 08/12 no derogs since filing. I have scores around 652, 683, 665 and joined NFCU 09/28/13 and app'd for the credit card on 9/29 and got approved for a $3000 15.34% apr line with them. So just ask.

Starting Score: 467
Current Score: 661
Goal Score: 795

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Post BK Wallet: Target VISA $10,000 (AU) | NFCU Credit Card $5,000| Walmart $1100| Cap One Platinum $3000 | Amazon $1150 | Discover It Card $500 | Cap One Secured $500 | PayPal Smart Connect $500 | Lane Bryant $1130| Dressbarn $750 |NY & Company $250| Victoria's Secret $250 | Target Store Charge $200 |Capital One Auto Finance
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.