cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy...Navy...Navy...how i luv u!!!

Valued Contributor

Re: Navy...Navy...Navy...how i luv u!!!

anthill927 wrote:

This may be a completely stupid question lol but do you have to be in the navy or military to apply for this card? I only ask because you can apply for some credit union credit cards in ohio and you dont have to be a part of it to get it, like the ohio educational credit union for teachers, they let anybody join. I also got my car loan through a credit union and I wasnt even a member of it.

The eligibitity is on the website.  Pretty much have to have acitve military family or have an immediate family member be a member.  There are more ways in

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I really need to app for this dang Navcheck lol.  Do you have DD with them?

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Frequent Contributor

Yes i have dd but for only a portion of my pay. It does help i think.

Starting Score: 530
3-2013Score: TU 680 EQ 683 EXP 679 FAKO
Current Score (lender pull): TU 693 EQ 649 EXP 699 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor

anthill927 wrote:

This may be a completely stupid question lol but do you have to be in the navy or military to apply for this card? I only ask because you can apply for some credit union credit cards in ohio and you dont have to be a part of it to get it, like the ohio educational credit union for teachers, they let anybody join. I also got my car loan through a credit union and I wasnt even a member of it.

The best way to qualify is through the military connection ,a family member that is in the military,a person(doesn't have to be family) that is allready a member who lives in the same house as you, or an employee that works at NFCU who is a family member. You can even get in through a parent or grandparent who was retired from the military ie received benefits(deceased or alive). I'm waiting to get in through a sibling who will be taking a job with NFCU at a location in the Carolinas. It can be done and once in you can get other family members in.  

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Contributor

Congrats!  Do you mind sharing how long you have been with them, and how long you have had the credit card?

Frequent Contributor

I don't mind at all. I became a member and got approved for the card same time, November 15th, 2011. So slightly over a year. some months i carried a balance some months not. I hope that this is helpful!

Starting Score: 530
3-2013Score: TU 680 EQ 683 EXP 679 FAKO
Current Score (lender pull): TU 693 EQ 649 EXP 699 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge