cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Neiman Marcus CLI on closed, but not closed acct!

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Neiman Marcus CLI on closed, but not closed acct!

OK...... Funny story!!!

So, 3 weeks ago I called in to close my NM acct because 1) They would never give me a CLI, and 2) I was trying to cut back on my store cards.  I pull my reports today to make sure that all the cards I closed are showing closed on my reports, and this card still showed open and just recently updated 3 days ago too with my billing cycle. 

So, I call into credit and tell them what I saw on my reports, and ask when it will update, and she says...."I dont see any record in the comments you called in to close the acct".    REALLY!!  I told her the name of the gal, and the date and time I called in..( I keep record of everything).  She says, Im sorry but your acct is open as of today, and asked me why I wanted to close it. I told her.  She says, well, before you close it, would you like to see if we can give you a CLI, I say sure, you can try, but you always decline me, LOL.... 

System came back APPROVED!  WTH!  DBL'ed my limit.......went from $1.5k.....to....$3k.....(always a SP).

I guess Ill stick with the card a little while longer.  It did turn a year old this week, maybe that helped. This card was also IIB for me in 2013 too.  Lady says that I should start to see increases now and to try back again in 6 months. um, ok sure!

Id post a picture, but they dont put the CL online for security reasons, so Ill post the CLI letter Ill get in the mail!! Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Re: Neiman Marcus CLI on closed, but not closed acct!

LOL they want you to shop there!!

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 2 of 10
ddemari
Super Contributor

Congrats! Ive had this card for a year and they dont raise the CL. Maybe ill try again as its been opened for over a year now. 

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations, pizza, very nice! Neiman Marcus is a great card. My limit increased to $9,500 last year (which is my current limit) in less than a year of having the card, with monthly usage of the card. I am sure yours will grow further as well.  Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 10
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

Those lil' Neiman fairies want you to shop. Smiley LOL Congratulations!

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very nice Pizza,,, they want you inside of the store spending money like no tomorrow Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 10
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 8 of 10
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

Nice Congrats!!!!!! 

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.