Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Re: Neiman Marcus & Saks Fifth Credit Card Approval

Congrats

Message 11 of 27
ForumPheen
Regular Contributor

Does anyone know what the approval score is to obtain either of these? And whether applying at the outlet versions (Off 5th or Last Call) warrant the same CC you can use at outlet and regular dept. store?

Starting Score: EX 651/EQ 654/TU 668
Current Score: 735/721/732
Goal Score: 751 as lowest score by 8MAY15

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 12 of 27
lolabeth
Established Member

Congrats! 

@forumpheen the outlets take the cards as well. 

my saks card was cld during the hsbc fall-apart to the super random amount $505. the "only" way they will reinstate my credit limit is a hard pull (something to do with them not asking about income when i first got my card and the CARD act...), so i have never had it reinstated. i wonder if the capital one executive office would work on this one, now that the card is administered by cap1....

Message 13 of 27
ForumPheen
Regular Contributor

Thanks!  Would you say it's better to apply in store instead of online?  I keep thinking that applying in store means your initial limit will be whatever you are purchasing, hence the reason why I am waiting to do my annual back to school shopping for my kids and then pull the trigger.  I could be wrong though.  Any advice?

Message 14 of 27
BriannaC
New Visitor

Hi! Im Brianna Copeland from Atlanta,Georgia Sw. I was very excited when i found out about the credit card approval. I would really like to get one. I am a mother of two lil girls and two boys. I have been working very hard to keep my spirit up. Its very hard. I always thought my life would be better than this. I never knew i will end up in this position. I know I can do better ,thats why im looking forward  to purchase my own business. It would be a blessing if i can get approved, and by the way, yall are my favorite store. Everything is exclusive....... Thank You 

Message 15 of 27
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Double congrats!

Message 16 of 27
ForumPheen
Regular Contributor

Pulled the trigger today. Strolled into my Off 5th store and dealt with my longtime fav employee (mgr), and told her it was time to hit that button for me.

I am a new Saksfirst cardholder now Smiley Happy.  Limit wasn't too great, it's $1400, but considering I've burned Cap One in the past and they doled me this, I am not complaining. They pulled Equifax. 

Next stop is NM.  These 2 stores and their affiliates (Saks, Off 5th and NM, Last Call, Bergdorf, Horchow), are the only 2 stores I regularly shop at that I'd want to have their card.

On another note, I find it interesting that I was given the same limit as a purchase I've kept in my shopping bag for days now....

Message 17 of 27
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@ForumPheen

Congrats. I seem to recall hearing that Saks was bring bought out by Hudson Bay. I wonder if they will change card issuers?
Message 18 of 27
ForumPheen
Regular Contributor

Thank you!  If they are, hopefully they are generous with CLIs when the time comes for me.

Message 19 of 27
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.