Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Amex card holder!!

tag
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

New Amex card holder!!

I just got approved for the delta skymiles card. I applied, got the 7-14 message, immediately checked app status at the website, bam, approved! My question is Should I call to ask for a PC to BCE, or should I apply for a BCE today and hope they use the same HP?

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Re: New Amex card holder!!

WOW!! lots of people on here are getting approved for this card!! Thats great at least your in with the AMEX family.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 2 of 25
drkaje
Senior Contributor

People have posted that Delta Sky Miles is the easiest Amex revolver to get approved. I wouldn't necessarily assume they'd give you the BCP and might wait to see if they pulled all three bureaus before attempting a PC.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 25
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

congrats! What limit did you get? and apr?

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 4 of 25
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

I don't know the limit yet. They say it will be in my welcome packet. Also, they only pulled exp.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 5 of 25
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Congrats and welcome to the AMEX family! Wait till you get the card before PCing to see if your eligible, but if you apply now for the BCE it should result in another HP because people usually apply simultaneously with two different browsers, but YMMV.

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 6 of 25
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

Unfortunately, I just called the status line and asked about my initial credit limit and APR -- they didn't know my APR yet, but my "recommended Initial credit line" is only 2k. I was hoping that it would be somewhere in the neighborhood of my USAA card. I suppose it will be at 6k in 61 days, which is kind of cool, but I wonder if there is a way that I can get it raised a little upon activation.

My Wallet:
Message 7 of 25
jake619
Frequent Contributor

@Swapmeet wrote:

Unfortunately, I just called the status line and asked about my initial credit limit and APR -- they didn't know my APR yet, but my "recommended Initial credit line" is only 2k. I was hoping that it would be somewhere in the neighborhood of my USAA card. I suppose it will be at 6k in 61 days, which is kind of cool, but I wonder if there is a way that I can get it raised a little upon activation.

You aren't the first to wonder this, but you might be the first to find out if AMEX will play Smiley Happy  Let us know if you get the nerves to do it.

Message 8 of 25
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@Swapmeet wrote:

A 3X CLI after 61 days and your limit will be nice, but never heard of at activation, but like other members stating let us know how it goes when you try.

AMEX gave me a 2% rate reduction after 6-8 months when I ask.

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 9 of 25
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

@jake619 wrote:

@Swapmeet wrote:

You aren't the first to wonder this, but you might be the first to find out if AMEX will play Smiley Happy  Let us know if you get the nerves to do it.

lol, I am happy to have my foot in the proverbial door with Amex. There will be no "new path treading" with me. I will be patient and wait my 61 days. I was just hoping for someone to say: "I was wondering the same thing, so I tried, and it worked!!" I am not trying to be greedy, or an innovator or anything...Smiley Happy

My Wallet:
Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.