Did you mean: 

New Amex card holder!!

tag
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

Re: New Amex card holder!!

@chnceit wrote:

@Swapmeet wrote:

OK, lol. I will simmer down now. The point of apping the Delta card was to get my foot in the door. I have done that now. I really want the BCE, but I guess that will come with time.

LOL I know its hard not to think of the possibilities once your approved for a card. I do this all the time too with all the lenders I get approved with  Smiley Very Happy

It is really hard for me because I am so excited -- man, I'm a nerd. It is my first prime card ever, and it is in the amex family. I am bouncing off the walls like a little kid, as lame as that sounds, trying not to app for the it...lol.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 21 of 25
thom02099
Valued Contributor

Welcome to the AMEX family ! !

Sometimes with AMEX, patience is a virtue!  Like others have suggested, wait the 61 days and go from there.  Then in 13 months see where you can go and how AMEX is working out for you .

Message 22 of 25
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@Swapmeet wrote:

@chnceit wrote:

@Swapmeet wrote:

OK, lol. I will simmer down now. The point of apping the Delta card was to get my foot in the door. I have done that now. I really want the BCE, but I guess that will come with time.

LOL I know its hard not to think of the possibilities once your approved for a card. I do this all the time too with all the lenders I get approved with  Smiley Very Happy

It is really hard for me because I am so excited -- man, I'm a nerd. It is my first prime card ever, and it is in the amex family. I am bouncing off the walls like a little kid, as lame as that sounds, trying not to app for the it...lol.

Nah its not lame! When I was approved for PenFed I was like calling them and posting a lot of questions! But its time to garden and remember keep your UTI low for the next couple of months so you have a better chance for the CLI at 61 days.

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 23 of 25
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

Congradulaciones! I'm not sure how AMEX works, but the norm is that it's usually wiser to apply for new credit on the same day. So yeah, good luck! 

Full on Garden Mode (•‿•)
Message 24 of 25
sassymomof2
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!

Starting Fico Feb 2011 EQ 570 TU 580 EX ?
May 2014 EQ 709 EX 684 TU discover 665

Closed on first home April 26, 2012!
Last app August 2, 2014. Gardening indefinitely!!!
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.