Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Drive Card approval

tag
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

New Drive Card approval

I was at AutoTire getting an oil change and was asked if I wanted to apply for the new Drive Card....I told the guy NO, I am trying to wait for my scores to come up so I can buy a car. He said he could relate and left it at that. So I am sitting waiting for my car to be finished and they tell me it's ready, so I go to the register to pay. I always use my Firestone card there have for awhile. So the guy behind the counter runs the card and it keeps coming back that the computer can't communicate with the host. You can hear the dial up modem making all kinds of noise and then ringing and ringing. The guy at the register does this about 8 times and modem still won't connect. I had no cash or other cards on me, as I came from home after mowing the lawn....so I finally said lets apply for the Drive Card.....about a minute or two later I was approved for $1400. I'm not sure if there really was a problem with the Firestone card and the computer communicating or if they were just trying to push their own new private label card. It has been a month now and I still have not gotten a hard pull from this card either and it is a citi card. Might be kind of easy to get right now, as they are really pushing for people to apply for this card.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Re: New Drive Card approval

There might of been a communication error. But, the way it really is is that the guy wanted his five dollar spiff for you to apply for the new card. He could have very easily called in for a manual approval at 800-762-9000. But, he didn't. On a sidenote, I can't believe that auto tire and Monro are still on dial-up for credit cards, even though I know for a fact it's true. It's 2017.
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 2 of 6
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

@fltireguy wrote:
There might of been a communication error. But, the way it really is is that the guy wanted his five dollar spiff for you to apply for the new card. He could have very easily called in for a manual approval at 800-762-9000. But, he didn't. On a sidenote, I can't believe that auto tire and Monro are still on dial-up for credit cards, even though I know for a fact it's true. It's 2017.

Actually, he did try to call it in and it was a Saturday when this happened.....customer service for the Firestone card is only Monday - Friday. I tried calling myself when he told me that...just to see if he was trying to pull one over on me.

Message 3 of 6
beezer32
Regular Contributor

My local Monro uses dial up as well. Have had multiple issues connecting! Anyhow, Monro will discontinue using the CFNA issued cards (like Firestone) starting November 2017. Switching soley to the Citi backed Drive Card.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 5 of 6
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Side note-CFNA is open 7 days for the merchant..7a-11p
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.