Senior Contributor

Re: New Home Depot Card - immediate CLI

Congrats on the CLI!

Message 12 of 15
JustinS
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So I called back and they bumped it up to $10k.

Another question for the group.....when I tell them my income and no other sources of income and then how much my mortgage payment is, they ask another question that I always say $0. However, I'm married and apparently I could/should be adding her income too? If this is the case, I've been lowballing myself big time, because she actually makes more than I do. Should I be including her income when I'm seeking cards?

Provided you do joint finances as in both your incomes get used to pay xyz bills then yes normally it's joint income if you're married (they usually stipulate you can include any income that is accessed to pay your card debt).

I know for me when I got mine initially it did the exact same funky starting limit of 1701 - I called in and requested a CLI (my score at the time was just over 740 I think) and asked for $15k they ended up giving me $16500 (over what I asked for) - rep said they (citi) must really like me lol.

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's great!!! Congratulations!!!
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JustinS wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So I called back and they bumped it up to $10k.

Another question for the group.....when I tell them my income and no other sources of income and then how much my mortgage payment is, they ask another question that I always say $0. However, I'm married and apparently I could/should be adding her income too? If this is the case, I've been lowballing myself big time, because she actually makes more than I do. Should I be including her income when I'm seeking cards?

Provided you do joint finances as in both your incomes get used to pay xyz bills then yes normally it's joint income if you're married (they usually stipulate you can include any income that is accessed to pay your card debt).

I know for me when I got mine initially it did the exact same funky starting limit of 1701 - I called in and requested a CLI (my score at the time was just over 740 I think) and asked for $15k they ended up giving me $16500 (over what I asked for) - rep said they (citi) must really like me lol.

Ok thanks for clarifying that for me! I've been doing the apps all wrong then only including my income.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.