Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Total Rewards Visa from Comenity Bank

tag
InOZmK
New Contributor

Re: New Total Rewards Visa from Comenity Bank

Thanks vpae.  It was weird that I wasn't getting the pre-approval pop-up.  When I was in AC a few months back, the hotel check-in rep told me that I was preapproved for their card.  I was thinking about going for it then, but I was in the middle of looking for a home to purchase, so didn't want to mess anything up there.  So, I thought, once I looked on this forum, that I'd have one pop-up waiting for me too.  Nothing, so pulled the trigger on a cold application.  Glad I did now!  Thanks again vpae for your help!

TU - 683 (Discover 8/28/2014)
EQ - 693 (9/8/2014)

My wallet: Cap One Venture VISA Sig $7.5k, Cap One Platinum $5k, Cap One Quicksilver $2.25k, Cap One Quicksilver One $1k, Chase Freedom $2k, Discover IT $800, Total Rewards $6k, AMEX ED $1k, Barclays Rewards $5k, Barclays Arrival $1k, First Savings $750, Bank of America Better Balance Rewards $1k, Walmart $400
Message 161 of 187
InOZmK
New Contributor

Don't know why I did it, but decided to parlay my luck with the Total Rewards card, and applied for a Chase Freedom card as well.  Approved for $2000.  I need to stop, but it feels good.  Haha.

TU - 683 (Discover 8/28/2014)
EQ - 693 (9/8/2014)

My wallet: Cap One Venture VISA Sig $7.5k, Cap One Platinum $5k, Cap One Quicksilver $2.25k, Cap One Quicksilver One $1k, Chase Freedom $2k, Discover IT $800, Total Rewards $6k, AMEX ED $1k, Barclays Rewards $5k, Barclays Arrival $1k, First Savings $750, Bank of America Better Balance Rewards $1k, Walmart $400
Message 162 of 187
john398
Senior Contributor

@InOZmK wrote:

Don't know why I did it, but decided to parlay my luck with the Total Rewards card, and applied for a Chase Freedom card as well.  Approved for $2000.  I need to stop, but it feels good.  Haha.

Congrats, I am going back in October so this will save me some cash

Message 163 of 187
john398
Senior Contributor

Well now that CET is no longer waving resort fees for platnium members not sure this is a great card to cary as it once was, if used for that reason

Message 164 of 187
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@john398 wrote:

@InOZmK wrote:

Congrats, I am going back in October so this will save me some cash

I know why.

Because the time was right! Congrats! Smiley Wink

Message 165 of 187
Anonymous
Not applicable

What cb did they pull from? And what was your credit score at that time??? Thank u much..
Message 166 of 187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, here I thought I was going to be disappointed for the 4th time with TR visa as I got the 7-10 day shpeel.  Well, got a letter in the mail today saying they needed to verify some information.  I called and was asked 3 questions from my credit report which also a non-credit report question - What sign is your birthday under?  Wonder why they would ask a question like this?  Anyway, after a quick 3 question multiple choice, I got approved for 9,500!

Transunion Score: 687   Experian:  701

New cards:   Amex $ 2,000    Chase Disney $ 4,500  Discover it: $4,000 NASA FCU Star Trek Card: $2,900 Commenity TR VIsa: $9,500 

Current: BofA MCs(2): $1,300 and $1,200  Cap1: $1,450 Barclay Apple Reward $1,650 and several little ones already paid off and will be closed as their annual fee due dates come up since these are more predatory cards....

Message 167 of 187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Total rewards seems to grow more than other ones. Fuel rewards and sportsman guide have stayed put, TR took off. If people still want the card, this is the best for padding of those 3 specific ones.
Message 168 of 187
buck_russell
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, here I thought I was going to be disappointed for the 4th time with TR visa as I got the 7-10 day shpeel.  Well, got a letter in the mail today saying they needed to verify some information.  I called and was asked 3 questions from my credit report which also a non-credit report question - What sign is your birthday under?  Wonder why they would ask a question like this?  Anyway, after a quick 3 question multiple choice, I got approved for 9,500!

Transunion Score: 687   Experian:  701

New cards:   Amex $ 2,000    Chase Disney $ 4,500  Discover it: $4,000 NASA FCU Star Trek Card: $2,900 Commenity TR VIsa: $9,500 

Current: BofA MCs(2): $1,300 and $1,200  Cap1: $1,450 Barclay Apple Reward $1,650 and several little ones already paid off and will be closed as their annual fee due dates come up since these are more predatory cards....

congrats.  when you register it online, hit the luv button seems everone (including me) gets a little extra luv right off the bat. 

Message 169 of 187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very bizare.  I got an email from them today saying my card is on its way.  I call to get more info about my rate and they tell me the account was closed!  Spoke with a Supervisor and they said the system reconsidered and declined but they mystery is why did the approve in the first place, issue a card, and recind?  Comenity is a very strange bank and I will be reporting them to the BBB as this is very strange practice I have never experienced!

Message 170 of 187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.