Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Total Rewards Visa from Comenity Bank

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Total Rewards Visa from Comenity Bank

If you are a trekie, the NASA Star Trek Card is really cool.  I applied back in October and got approved right away.  They have a really good rate and the designs are cool!  Here's the link  https://www.nasafcu.com/startrek/

Message 181 of 187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh and you don't need to be a member of the NASA FCU. 

Message 182 of 187
Macbookguy
Established Member

I opened this card online and was instantly approved for.... $1,000. Funny. I have several Comenity cards with very low or $0 balances. I think the highest balance I have with them is some candles I charged at Pier 1 - like $60 and I'll pay it off when the bill comes.

I find the limit they gave me funny because of the limits they gave me on store cards. My Pottery Barn card issued by Comenity has a $5,500 limit. My HSN card has a $3,500 limit. I have a Victoria's Secret Angel Card that I opened when I was rebuilding and to help a friend meet her signups for the week and it has a $1,250 limit. I use that Angel card once or twice a year only to keep it open because as a man I have no use for $1,250 worth of bras and panties.

They did tell me on the phone that they as a company look at your credit limits as debt whether you have utilized them or not. As far as they are concerned you could use them all tomorrow and default. Since I don't have any balances on any of my store cards I tried to negotiate them lowering those limits and raising my Total Rewards limit. That's not how it works. They said I could CLOSE the store cards and wait for that to reflect on my reports and then apply for a credit limit increase. That Victoria's Secret card is my oldest card followed by Pier 1 followed by Pottery Barn followed by HSN. If I close those cards my score will plummet because my average age of accounts will be out of whack.

No thanks.

Message 183 of 187
jeffm4688
Frequent Contributor

@Macbookguy wrote:

I opened this card online and was instantly approved for.... $1,000. Funny. I have several Comenity cards with very low or $0 balances. I think the highest balance I have with them is some candles I charged at Pier 1 - like $60 and I'll pay it off when the bill comes.

I find the limit they gave me funny because of the limits they gave me on store cards. My Pottery Barn card issued by Comenity has a $5,500 limit. My HSN card has a $3,500 limit. I have a Victoria's Secret Angel Card that I opened when I was rebuilding and to help a friend meet her signups for the week and it has a $1,250 limit. I use that Angel card once or twice a year only to keep it open because as a man I have no use for $1,250 worth of bras and panties.

They did tell me on the phone that they as a company look at your credit limits as debt whether you have utilized them or not. As far as they are concerned you could use them all tomorrow and default. Since I don't have any balances on any of my store cards I tried to negotiate them lowering those limits and raising my Total Rewards limit. That's not how it works. They said I could CLOSE the store cards and wait for that to reflect on my reports and then apply for a credit limit increase. That Victoria's Secret card is my oldest card followed by Pier 1 followed by Pottery Barn followed by HSN. If I close those cards my score will plummet because my average age of accounts will be out of whack.

No thanks.

FYI average age of accounts in the near future will be unaffected as closed acccounts factor in as well. This is a very common misconception. It only makes a difference in utilization and when the accounts fall off your credit in 10 years.

FICO 12/2015 - EX 692 TU 685

FICO 10/2021 - EX 596 TU 605 EQ 600 - officially rebuilding.

What survived:
Amex HH - 1.5K | Amex Delta - 1K | Amex Bonvoy - 1.5K | Amex BRG - 3.5K | Amex BRG - 3.5K | Amex Business Cash- 2K | Amex Business Plus - 2K
Message 184 of 187
smoop88
Regular Contributor

@Macbookguy wrote:

No thanks.

They pulled EQ correct? dont mind my asking what was your score on approval. congratulations

Message 185 of 187
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Someone was looking for information on this card, I hope they foud it....just is case bump it up a little.

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 186 of 187
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got approved for the Total Rewards Visa tonight and they only asked for the last 4 of my social. 2k limit! I don't know if somehow they'll do a HP or it was just a SP. Either way, I'm a happy camper!

Message 187 of 187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.