Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New owner of Cap1 QS1 requesting CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New owner of Cap1 QS1 requesting CLI

I'm a new owner of a Cap1 QS1 w/ a 500 CL. Since it's pretty low and I plan on running at least 4000/month on this thing I figure I would try to get a credit limit increase.

I entered in all the income/mortgage info and got this response:

You'll receive a document in the Online Document Center with the outcome of our review in approximately 2-3 business days.

We'll also send you an e-mail asking you to visit the Online Document Center when it's available.

If you haven't signed up for paperless documents, you'll also receive a letter by mail in about 10 business days.

If you have questions about our decision, please visit www.capitalone.com/creditlineFAQ for more.

Does this mean denial?  I am part of the credit steps program, but I've heard of people getting an increase before the 6 month mark.

TIA

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New owner of Cap1 QS1 requesting CLI

Yep unfortunately that's usually a denial...check the document tab and it may have account too new as the reason if it was just issued in the last 6 months. Don't worry though not sure if they enrolled your card in credit steps...if so try again for your 1st CLI right after your 2nd statement cuts if it declines then try again the 3rd statement....your credit steps CLI will kick in around your 5th or 6th statement..

If your card was not on credit steps...still try againi after the 2nd/3rd statements cut...the usual timing on normal increases is every 6 months.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tamaralig wrote:

Yep unfortunately that's usually a denial...check the document tab and it may have account too new as the reason if it was just issued in the last 6 months. Don't worry though not sure if they enrolled your card in credit steps...if so try again for your 1st CLI right after your 2nd statement cuts if it declines then try again the 3rd statement....your credit steps CLI will kick in around your 5th or 6th statement..

If your card was not on credit steps...still try againi after the 2nd/3rd statements cut...the usual timing on normal increases is every 6 months.

I figured as much. I'll wait for the 2nd statement!  Thanks!

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm a new owner of a Cap1 QS1 w/ a 500 CL. Since it's pretty low and I plan on running at least 4000/month on this thing I figure I would try to get a credit limit increase.

I entered in all the income/mortgage info and got this response:

You'll receive a document in the Online Document Center with the outcome of our review in approximately 2-3 business days.

We'll also send you an e-mail asking you to visit the Online Document Center when it's available.

If you haven't signed up for paperless documents, you'll also receive a letter by mail in about 10 business days.

If you have questions about our decision, please visit www.capitalone.com/creditlineFAQ for more.

Does this mean denial?  I am part of the credit steps program, but I've heard of people getting an increase before the 6 month mark.

TIA

Congratulations to you!...Thanks for sharing.Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 8
greent
Frequent Contributor

Sounds like a denial. They do automatic CLI after 5 months.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update:  Yep, denial.  That's fine. I need to have more patience with these things.

Message 6 of 8
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval !!

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Update:  Yep, denial.  That's fine. I need to have more patience with these things.

Don't we all?! Congrats!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.