cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Forum -- Instant Approved Discover IT - Now HELP?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New to Forum -- Instant Approved Discover IT - Now HELP?

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome

I guess I will call and check the status.

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

SO ...um.. ya......just called Discover and I should be getting my new IT card in a few days

Apparently I was approved for a $6,000 CL!!!Smiley Very Happy 

Was not expecting that....my only card right now is a capitol1 platinum with $300 cl!

It must ahve to do with my mix of student loans, auto loans and my recent paying history.

again myfico 673 equifax score with income of $40,000 just to give others interested in Discover.

BTW their CS was awesome! The first girl could not see my account yet so she transferred me to someone in Deleware and he brought it right up. I was on the phone 5mins tops!

Now should I transfer the $884 from my 'closed/ pays as agreed' chase card with high interest % onto the discover so I can pay that off? Also my Cap1 interest is fairly high now that I am about 2 years removed from my 12 mo. interest free promo. It is only $227 and I make a full balance auto payment everymonth but with interest and my usage (gas) it hasn't been below $150 in a while.\

I know $6,000 CL is a lot for me so I now need to utilize it responsibly while taking advantage of the rewards. I will turn to this board for guidence but any tips you old pros can give me would be great...want to get to 750 FICO by years end!

Message 12 of 15
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

You can do a BT from both the CAP 1 and the closed card over to discover...

Also, contact the Executive Office for Capital One and ask for a Credit Limit Increase... you are due one ROFL

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

ya I know right, I would think having no late payments and have been auto PIF set up for like 8 months straight I could get a little love from C1!

p.s. I like how I have 4 posts but I am already using all the MyFico lingo! Thats how you know you found a good forum.

Message 14 of 15
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

SO ...um.. ya......just called Discover and I should be getting my new IT card in a few days

Apparently I was approved for a $6,000 CL!!!:smileyvery-happy: 

Was not expecting that....my only card right now is a capitol1 platinum with $300 cl!

It must ahve to do with my mix of student loans, auto loans and my recent paying history.

again myfico 673 equifax score with income of $40,000 just to give others interested in Discover.

BTW their CS was awesome! The first girl could not see my account yet so she transferred me to someone in Deleware and he brought it right up. I was on the phone 5mins tops!

Now should I transfer the $884 from my 'closed/ pays as agreed' chase card with high interest % onto the discover so I can pay that off? Also my Cap1 interest is fairly high now that I am about 2 years removed from my 12 mo. interest free promo. It is only $227 and I make a full balance auto payment everymonth but with interest and my usage (gas) it hasn't been below $150 in a while.\

I know $6,000 CL is a lot for me so I now need to utilize it responsibly while taking advantage of the rewards. I will turn to this board for guidence but any tips you old pros can give me would be great...want to get to 750 FICO by years end!

<------------------------------------------------ Woo HOO!!!!   Claps hands and gives a big THUMBS UP ! ! ! ! !

ONWARD AND UPWARD

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.