Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nfcu approvals!

tag
DSW89
New Contributor

Nfcu approvals!

Applied for nRewards MC CLI to $3,000 from $1,000 - approved NavChek $1,000 approved to $3,000! I got exactly what I asked for but wish I would have asked for a little more Smiley Wink Also applied for the Cash Rewards Visa... Waiting to here back on that one! But I'm excited Smiley Happy I love NFCU! Also got an increase from $250 to $400 last night on my Walmart Card.. Not much but hey it's something right! None of my cards have balances right now except the NFCU has $235 but it will be paid before the statement cuts... I also have an amazon store card, belk card, and ae card... I was thinking about calling GE to see about increasing the limits cuz they're low and I have had them since November always PIF on those.. Is there a number where I can call and get an increase on all those or do I have to call a credit Analyst for each card? Thanks Smiley Happy BTW I don't "need" the extra credit I just want higher limits so in the future if I app for something I will get higher limits.
NavChek~ 13K.... nRewards MC~ 12K... CashRewards Visa sig~ 12k... NFCU Platinum Visa~ 10K... USAA Cash Rewards~ $2000... Chase Freedom~ $1500... Discover It~ $1500... Belk~ $1200.... Children's place ~$850... Walmart Store Card~ $1350... Amazon Store Card~ $1150...Victoria's Secret~ $500 Macy's~ $800

EQ~ 642
EX Fico~ 680
TU~ 686
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Re: Nfcu approvals!

Sounds like you are working your way up.....Good for you and congrats on the CLI's!!! 

*8/10/13
Message 2 of 12
DSW89
New Contributor

Thanks! I also was wondering... I got a notification on CK that I had inquiries from NFCU so does that mean they pulled Transunion? I thought they almost always pulled equifax?
NavChek~ 13K.... nRewards MC~ 12K... CashRewards Visa sig~ 12k... NFCU Platinum Visa~ 10K... USAA Cash Rewards~ $2000... Chase Freedom~ $1500... Discover It~ $1500... Belk~ $1200.... Children's place ~$850... Walmart Store Card~ $1350... Amazon Store Card~ $1150...Victoria's Secret~ $500 Macy's~ $800

EQ~ 642
EX Fico~ 680
TU~ 686
Message 3 of 12
dodfire
Valued Contributor

For me they pull TU and I am in TX.

*8/10/13
Message 4 of 12
dodfire
Valued Contributor

@DSW89 wrote:
Applied for nRewards MC CLI to $3,000 from $1,000 - approved NavChek $1,000 approved to $3,000! I got exactly what I asked for but wish I would have asked for a little more Smiley Wink Also applied for the Cash Rewards Visa... Waiting to here back on that one! But I'm excited Smiley Happy I love NFCU! Also got an increase from $250 to $400 last night on my Walmart Card.. Not much but hey it's something right! None of my cards have balances right now except the NFCU has $235 but it will be paid before the statement cuts... I also have an amazon store card, belk card, and ae card... I was thinking about calling GE to see about increasing the limits cuz they're low and I have had them since November always PIF on those.. Is there a number where I can call and get an increase on all those or do I have to call a credit Analyst for each card? Thanks Smiley Happy BTW I don't "need" the extra credit I just want higher limits so in the future if I app for something I will get higher limits.

FYI:

If your credit is decent do not be scared to ask NFCU for high limits.

When I did my app for the cashRewards online they approved me at $1k. I called them up and explained that I wanted to use them exclusively for my banking and credit needs.

I asked them to look at my report again and they would see that I do not "NEED" the credit. But if I did need to charge something, I wanted to at least have a limit that would afford me the opportunity to do so.

They had me to send them my last two pay stubs. I got an email back 2 hours later with an increased credit limit to $10,000.

*8/10/13
Message 5 of 12
DSW89
New Contributor

Thanks again! I don't mind at all that they pulled TU cuz I only have a few inquiries on there from nov whereas Equifax had more so I suppose that worked in my favor!

EQ~ 642
EX Fico~ 680
TU~ 686
Message 6 of 12
DSW89
New Contributor

Oh wow! So I think I should have asked for more then! How long do you think I should wait to ask for another increase? They CSR told me that if I apply for another credit card product in the next 15 days they will use the same report so should I ask for another increase now or would that be ridiculous and I should just wait?

EQ~ 642
EX Fico~ 680
TU~ 686
Message 7 of 12
dodfire
Valued Contributor

If I were you I would not apply for another card right now since you just asked for the CLI. If anything you could call them back tell them you appreciate their increase to $3k and ask them if they could make it $5000 and they would probably use the same report.

Second option, continue to work on your scores, your cli's you got are going to help with your UTL. Give it a few months and app for a second card.

*8/10/13
Message 8 of 12
DSW89
New Contributor

Thanks for the advice. Yea that's what I meant I was wondering if I should ask them to increase the one I already have even more... Can I do it online or is it best to call in? When I call in I never get to talk to a credit analyst there it's always just a CSR Smiley Sad

EQ~ 642
EX Fico~ 680
TU~ 686
Message 9 of 12
dodfire
Valued Contributor

You can send a secure message online. That should get directed to an analyst. If they sent you an email for your approval, hit the reply button. They already pulled your report so it is not going to hurt to ask. Just explain that you want to use the card but you do not want to be in the "HIGH" utilization bracket when you do make purchases.

Once you get a $5k or more limit on that card, then get the second card. NFCU and other banks are more apt to give you higher limits once they see you have a card already with a higher limit. 

*8/10/13
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.