cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nice CareCredit CLI! - Done over automated system.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice CareCredit CLI! - Done over automated system.

I have a CareCredit card with a starting limit of $2,500. Got it unexpectedly when getting teeth work done last August.

Anyway, I paid of that promotional balance, and was thinking of sockdrawering it, but I've read that this card is notorious for either cutting limits or canceling limits.

I should be in the garden, but want to get everything I can since my car loan is up next month (yay but nooo at the same time haha). Plus I've been thinking about getting LASIK.

ANYWAY. I called this number: 866-396-8254, and I did a CLI over their automatied voice machine.

Which is pretty nice, IMO, since you don't have to deal with another human being (and the anxiety over a possible denial and embarrasment, does anyone have this issue? No, just me, ok..) Smiley Happy

Anyway, I told the robot machine "15 thousand" and it told me my max credit increase would be 8,500 (total 11k!!). Log in on the website, and sure enough, 11K! 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Nice CareCredit CLI! - Done over automated system.

Nice increase!  Assuming your score is around 710ish for TU as that is whom they HP

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah that is who they HP from Smiley Sad which sucks cause most of my pulls from my recent app spree are from TU ugh. I have a total of about 9 TU inquiries.

Not sure on my score, or who to trust. CreditKarma says its between 690-705 and the free score I receive with my Discover statements say 745ish?

Message 3 of 15
FIRECOURAGE
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! I got one today too. Went from $6,000 to $15,600.

4/01/2019 | Dismissed Chapter 7 BK

2/12/2024 | Equifax: 677 | Experian: 699 | TransUnion: 725
Goal Score: 750 - Across The Board
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FIRECOURAGE wrote:

Nice!

May I ask how long you've have the card, and how often do you use it?

I am afraid of not using it and Synchrony slashing my credit limit. Like I know I can go to Rite-Aid and make small purchases, but is that enough for them to not slash the limit?

Thanks in advance.

Message 5 of 15
FIRECOURAGE
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@FIRECOURAGE wrote:

Nice!

May I ask how long you've have the card, and how often do you use it?

I am afraid of not using it and Synchrony slashing my credit limit. Like I know I can go to Rite-Aid and make small purchases, but is that enough for them to not slash the limit?

Thanks in advance.

I got the card in 2014 with an $800 limit. Then around mid 2015 went to $6000. After numerous turn downs this year finally got an increase to $15,600. I asked for 15,000 and they gave me 15,600. I use the card about once every 6 months. Bought some beer at Rite Aid in February. Lol.

4/01/2019 | Dismissed Chapter 7 BK

2/12/2024 | Equifax: 677 | Experian: 699 | TransUnion: 725
Goal Score: 750 - Across The Board
Message 6 of 15
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Most of the time when I've seen Synchrony cut a credit line it's due to new 'baddies' showing up on the credit reports; I'm not saying that non-use can't cause a CLD, just that I've not seen it with Care Credit (either in my family or in threads on here).  As always, YMMV.

That being said, I have seen them close accounts (specifically Care Credit) altogether for non-use.  I agree this seems odd (closing for non-use but only CLD for baddies) but you can make this work to your advantage... simply use the card to pay your deductible at the dentist, or make a small purchase at Rite-Aid (of course PIF) and you should be fine. 

I'll add that as long as you're paying off your promotional purchase that 'counts' as activity; you don't have to worry about the non-use "clock" starting until your balance is PIF.

Just my 2¢.   Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

Most of the time when I've seen Synchrony cut a credit line it's due to new 'baddies' showing up on the credit reports; I'm not saying that non-use can't cause a CLD, just that I've not seen it with Care Credit (either in my family or in threads on here).  As always, YMMV.

That being said, I have seen them close accounts (specifically Care Credit) altogether for non-use.  I agree this seems odd (closing for non-use but only CLD for baddies) but you can make this work to your advantage... simply use the card to pay your deductible at the dentist, or make a small purchase at Rite-Aid (of course PIF) and you should be fine. 

I'll add that as long as you're paying off your promotional purchase that 'counts' as activity; you don't have to worry about the non-use "clock" starting until your balance is PIF.

Just my 2¢.   Smiley Wink

Yeah, now that I think about it, I've seen them close accounts more so than slashing limits.

I recently paid off my promotional balance, and was thinking of either A) finding an excuse to get something done (eyes or teeth again idk lol), or B) remember to use it every few months at Rite-Aid (which kills me to think about cause I dislike Rite-Aid a lot haha).

Thanks for your 2 cents. Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 15
_NERD
Established Contributor

Congratulations

3B profile optimization in progress...
Message 9 of 15
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.