cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No luv from Discover despite lots of use UPDATE CLI Approved!

tag
alvon123
Super Contributor

Re: No luv from Discover despite lots of use UPDATE CLI Approved!

congrats on your increase

Message 21 of 23
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

Re: No luv from Discover despite lots of use

@GomerPyle wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@GomerPyle wrote:

You have made $375.00. How much have they made?? Throw them a bone. Carry a small balance and let them make a few shekels. It just might get you that treasured CLI.

no way! if you don't have to it's silly beyond believe to pay interest.

The OP stated that he isn't receiving any CLI's.  Mine was merely a suggestion that might precipitate a CLI. I did not suggest he pay hundreds in interest but merely a small amount. Can you say that this has no effect?  Well you do not know what does or does not have an effect. Paying a couple bucks of interest for a multiple $1,000s of CLI might be a small price to pay to boost your score. My Discover limits are very high because I am profitable for them. I have paid some interest and I have reaped their rewards as well. It is a two way street. The card companies are in this to make money. Everything else he has tried has not worked. Play the game and see what happens. The word interest is not profane.

I must say I agree with you on this.  Of course paying hundreds in interest on a 29.99% card with thousands of dollars on it is well..just plain stupid.  However when you earn hundreds in rewards, paying 15-20 bucks in interest certainly can't hurt.  I looked at my statements for my Barclay card and I paid them about 22 dollars in the first 6 months.  The next 6 months I didnt pay any interest (PIF) and I still haven't gotten a 12 month auto CLI.  Could be a fluke but its worth looking into. 

OP congrats on getting Discover to budge Im hoping they show me a little luv with my $1000 CL next month.  Enjoy the purchasing power!

Message 22 of 23
dabrian
Frequent Contributor

Re: No luv from Discover despite lots of use UPDATE CLI Approved!

I've paid zero interest between my amex, discover, and Chase cards and never had any issues getting cli's.
NFCU Sig Cash-20k/ Amex BCP-19.4k/ Amex Costco-1.2k/Chase Marriott-12k/CSP-13.4k/ Freedom-5.5k/ Discover IT-14k/NCSECU-5k/Walmart-10k/Lowes-25k
Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.