Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nordstrom CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nordstrom CLI

Hi Everyone, 

So I called Nordstrom today to request a CLI after 7 mos. confident because MyFico shows a 720 score (EXP) verified income and like many posters previously stated "shoot for the stars" as Nordstrom will counter. So I did, my starting CL was $2500 I asked for $10,000 hoping she would either approve or counter at $5000 (at the very minimum). The rep read her disclosure and processed my request and comes back with we can approve you at this time with a $1000 increase... She said that my score was 668... (Yikes) 

Any ideas on the discrepancy between MyFico and their scoring? Do I just wait now 4 more months?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Nordstrom CLI

IME, it depends on the last SP that was done associated with AR.  However, others can likely chime in their experiences.  Still, a $1,000 CLI is not bad as you inch your way toward a Visa upgrade!  Aside from your FICO score, what does the rest of your CR profile look like?  Any recent new accounts/inqs?  What is your overall utilization?  Any individual CC's >40% utilization?  Any negative items holding your scores?

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar

They pulled Experien for me,

I do have 6 inquiries 4 from August 2014, and 2 from January 2015.

Utilization is 11% (no utilization on any individual card over 12%)

I do have recent accounts opened from the August 2014 inquiries, Chase Freedom, Nordstrom, Credit Union CC, and a car loan from Jan 2015

The only bad item on my account is a (Paid) Judgment set to come off Sep 2016

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

You got a $1000 increase.l would be satisfied with that. Scoring models vary. You did good!

Message 4 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

You got a $1000 increase.l would be satisfied with that. Scoring models vary. You did good!

I would agree.  OP, I think with time and the improvement of your overall profile (lessening the new acounts/inquiries weight) then you should be able to revisit a CLI in another 6 months.  You're definitely getting closer to $5K!

Message 5 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Everyone, 

So I called Nordstrom today to request a CLI after 7 mos. confident because MyFico shows a 720 score (EXP) verified income and like many posters previously stated "shoot for the stars" as Nordstrom will counter. So I did, my starting CL was $2500 I asked for $10,000 hoping she would either approve or counter at $5000 (at the very minimum). The rep read her disclosure and processed my request and comes back with we can approve you at this time with a $1000 increase... She said that my score was 668... (Yikes) 

Any ideas on the discrepancy between MyFico and their scoring? Do I just wait now 4 more months?

Grats on your Nordstrom CLI Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 11
uswala
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the CLI!

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to to add on, I did finally figure out why I did not get a higher CLI. After a few months and a few phone calls to Nordstroms I have figured out that they had not done another SP on my account. The report they have been using is from 02/2015 and when I requested my CLI (after knowing my scores were 720-785) they were still using the 02/2015 SP report with my 685 EXP Fico. I hope this helps anyone who may read this post. 

Message 9 of 11
dbatl14
Contributor

Congrats!!

I've had my Nordstrom card for about 5 months and they just automatically CLI me an additional $1500. I started out with $1000

My Wallet: Amex Everyday: $7000 | Amex PRG: NPSL | AMEX Business Reward: NPSL | Amex Hilton Aspire: $9300 | Amex Delta Gold: $15000 | Amex Business Plat: NPSL | BofA Cash Rewards: $22000 | Travel Rewards: $15000 | NASA FCU Advantage: $17,500 | DCU Platinum: $5000 | Barclaycard Rewards: $3500 | Capital One QS: $8500 | Capital One Platinum: $2250 | Capital One Spark: $7500 | Fidelity Bank: $3400 | Nordstrom: $16500 | Macys: $10000 | Walmart: $3300 | Amazon: $6000 | Target: $14500 | | Chevron/Texaco: $3000 | Discover IT: $4700 | Apple Card: $2450 | Citi Double Cash: $4000
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.