Did you mean: 

Nordstrom Rocks!

tag
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

Re: Nordstrom Rocks!

@Crashem wrote:

@MissExcellentCredit wrote:

Thanks justdoit! The visa will replace the store card. This also helps my credit by not showing up as a new account. It will be the same account, just upgraded.

Can you confirm they didn't add new account and just upgraded old card on credit report (ie check credit report)?

It'll show up as a new account, the history will transfer over to the new account, but there will be two tradelines on the CR.  

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 11 of 25
MissExcellentCredit
Regular Contributor

Visorboy and crashem,

Thats not how Nordstrom explained it. She said it will NOT be reflected as a new account - just upgraded from Nordstrom store card to Nordstrom signature Visa with increased credit line.

Anybody else who has Nordstrom and went from a store card to a visa...can you confirm this?

Current 2013 Score: ScoreWatch Transunion: 737, ScoreWatch Equifax: 723, Nordstrom Equifax: 734
Goal Score for January 2014: 750-809 range

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 25
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats! That's a wonderful upgrade! Smiley Very Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 13 of 25
MissExcellentCredit
Regular Contributor

Thank you!

Current 2013 Score: ScoreWatch Transunion: 737, ScoreWatch Equifax: 723, Nordstrom Equifax: 734

Message 14 of 25
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

"well my current limit is 500, what about 1000? She said, are you sure?"

I see thread after thread with people doing CLI (Especialy the ones that take HP) ASK FOR MORE!!!

Some will take what you ask and then come back and just give you more if you say yes but others like in this case I guess could not counter more but when they say are you sure that's enough you best be throwing out a larger number!

Now about this upgrade to Visa... I believe you have part of it and the other poster has part of it.

If I remember from back when I had store and upgraded to Visa, (It is a new account, meaning a 2nd Nordstrom Account reporting on Credit) However I believe they just transfer the info over, so it will show the same age and stuff but with the new visa and higher cl... but it's been long time so don't quote me... either way, WORTH IT.

Now if you get that card and it does not have tier1 interest, CALL AGAIN!

They are amazing to work with and they will give you lots of credit if you keep asking and you use the card... believe they top out at $15k before needing income verificaiton and such.

Message 15 of 25
MissExcellentCredit
Regular Contributor

Thanks Creditaddict!  Good words. 

Message 16 of 25
LS2982
Mega Contributor

CONGRATS!!!!

Awesome CLI!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 17 of 25
CS800
Super Contributor

Just got my Nordy card today hopefully I get the same success as you..Congrats !!

Message 18 of 25
MissExcellentCredit
Regular Contributor

Thanks everyone. For all you savers out there, but still like to shop at Nordstrom, if you're a Fashion Rewards member, you can go online to www.nordstrom.com, log-in and shop their yearly Anniversary Sale early!!!! Cool right!!! I'm a fashionista and absolutely love style and runway fashion, but at decent prices. If you hesistate shopping Nordstrom because of the prices, there's hope. NOW is the time to shop - during the ANniversary sale, they mark prices WAY, way down....were talking name brand, real, high quality, last you forever, kind of stuff.

Have fun!

Message 19 of 25
orl2185
Established Contributor

I've had the store card opened on 2004, upgraded to visa on 2006 then onto sig visa on 2009. Never have I seen more than one account listed of either of my credit reports. They just update the account number history and all, but  now I guess YMMV.

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.