Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nordstroms approved

tag
mauwow0682
Frequent Contributor

Nordstroms approved

I actually was approved a couple weeks ago over the phone. Applied online and got a letter saying I was denied because they couldn't verify info. So I called and was approved 1K store card.

Eventually I want to get the upgrade to visa sig and I need some advice on how to best use this card? Spend heavy or buy a few things per month and PIF?

I do most of my damage at the anniversary sale and coupled with the fact I live in Oregon and don't pay sales tax I make out with a lot of stuff.

Starting Score: 620 FAKO
Current Score: FICO TU 715 (wal-mart) FICO EQ 692
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Nordstroms approved

@mauwow0682 wrote:
I actually was approved a couple weeks ago over the phone. Applied online and got a letter saying I was denied because they couldn't verify info. So I called and was approved 1K store card.

Eventually I want to get the upgrade to visa sig and I need some advice on how to best use this card? Spend heavy or buy a few things per month and PIF?

I do most of my damage at the anniversary sale and coupled with the fact I live in Oregon and don't pay sales tax I make out with a lot of stuff.

Congrats there was a thread this morning about the big sale 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 17
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your new card!

I spend heavily and PIF on my Nordstrom card.  I started with a $1K limit in 2008 and after discovering this forum last year, decided to contact them about the signature card. They said my limit has to be at least $5K before I can upgrade to siggy.  So at that time they raised my limit to $2500. 

I am going to contact them again soon (maybe even today) to see about getting it raised again.

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Message 3 of 17
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

They like heavy usage. You don't have to PIF but it can't hurt. You have to wait until your 7 mo to request a Cli /upgrade.
Message 4 of 17
RSCo
Established Contributor

@mauwow0682 wrote:

yeah.. they have some kid of strange system in place... i apped online, received the 7 day message.. I called and verified identify info and said they would mail me what they need.. they sent me a letter asking for me to verify my identity by sending in a bill and copy of my license.. I did and sent them a copy of my passport even.. STILL after all of that, they come back and say they can't verify my identity.. even after calling them.. of all my cards, see siggy, i've never had that happen.. i'm just a boring white guy with a boring name with no special credit file flags and I'm not a jr or a sr... still to this day, they never approved me..  It's nuts.. I was furious..

$30,500$18,500NPSL$15,000$10,000$25,000$32,000
Message 5 of 17
enharu
Super Contributor

Grats!
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 6 of 17
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Yay yeah! $1K is the initial CL they tend to give, which is okay since VISA Signature will be offered as time comes.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 7 of 17
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

Message 8 of 17
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@mauwow0682 wrote:

CONGRATS!!! Smiley Happy

Best way to move up is to charge charge charge and PIF. 

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 17
mauwow0682
Frequent Contributor

Charging won't be an issue 😃. I'm a shoe man. Last years at the anniversary sale I walked out with 10+ pairs is shoes.

I got more shoes than the GF. In fact I've turned her into a shoeholic.

Starting Score: 620 FAKO
Current Score: FICO TU 715 (wal-mart) FICO EQ 692
Goal Score: 700

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.