Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nordstroms back after BK :)

tag
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Nordstroms back after BK :)

Congrats... but please.... please... go to the garden.  Some have expressed concern about AA, and they are right.  Now you have done one heck of a job, but it's time.  It is time.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 21 of 84
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

Congrats... but please.... please... go to the garden.  Some have expressed concern about AA, and they are right.  Now you have done one heck of a job, but it's time.  It is time.

Thank you, I do appreciate everyone's concerns, I really do. I am in the garden for a very long time now... No more store cards, and any cards in the future if I get them will be majors onlySmiley Happy 

Message 22 of 84
Lyythine
Established Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

@Shogun wrote:

Thank you, I do appreciate everyone's concerns, I really do. I am in the garden for a very long time now... No more store cards, and any cards in the future if I get them will be majors onlySmiley Happy 

I think I've read this before... Smiley Wink  Dont get uncle Nixon upset! Its a rough scene

Message 23 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pizza, you are the living embodiment of the bromide that those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.

Message 24 of 84
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I thought you were waiting until December for this? Last time I checked, it's still April. Besides the fact that maybe one week ago you said you were gardening for 2-4 years. You can do what you want, but you are clearly addicted and it's not good or healthy and I won't pretend like it is -- sugarcoating is not the way to go with this. I'm trying to help you.

Look, I want to say congrats for your success after BK. That is my compliment for this post.

My problem is you are doing way way way too much too soon. I will keep it simple and I mean this with all due respect. You are cruising. And cruising hard. For AA. We aren't just pulling this out of our behinds. You need to s-t-o-p STOP. If it means you get off this site for a break (and no, not 3 or 4 days) so be it. You are clearly addicted to apping and instead of egging you on I'm going to tell you the truth. It's a problem and it's something you need to do something about before THEY do something about it for you.

Good luck.

Message 25 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

I thought you were waiting until December for this? Last time I checked, it's still April. Besides the fact that maybe one week ago you said you were gardening for 2-4 years. You can do what you want, but you are clearly addicted and it's not good or healthy and I won't pretend like it is -- sugarcoating is not the way to go with this. I'm trying to help you.

Look, I want to say congrats for your success after BK. That is my compliment for this post.

My problem is you are doing way way way too much too soon. I will keep it simple and I mean this with all due respect. You are cruising. And cruising hard. For AA. We aren't just pulling this out of our behinds. You need to s-t-o-p STOP. If it means you get off this site for a break (and no, not 3 or 4 days) so be it. You are clearly addicted to apping and instead of egging you on I'm going to tell you the truth. It's a problem and it's something you need to do something about before THEY do something about it for you.

Good luck.

I don't usually agree with this guy. But when I do, It's for good cause.

Message 26 of 84
kdm31091
Super Contributor

If we are agreeing -- it means this is a pretty non-debateable point!

Message 27 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on Nordstrom's!  It's on my list.  I'm trying to wait until I'm finished gardening.  Soooooo many shoes in there!  Smiley Wink

Message 28 of 84
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on Nordstrom's!  It's on my list.  I'm trying to wait until I'm finished gardening.  Soooooo many shoes in there!  Smiley Wink

omg...I resisted as I walked out to my car, and of course had to go thru the show department to the parking garage, LOL... Such cute stuff right now!Smiley Happy 

Message 29 of 84
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

Good luck.

I don't usually agree with this guy. But when I do, It's for good cause.

Congratulations Pizza!

The thing to remember about Credit is, it is not life. It is a contract, an arrangement between the cardholder and a bank. We use it to transact, to borrow money and pay it back. That is all. The fact that someone gets a store card at a store they shop at, and wants to get a particular store card back after going through a trying time during BK, is that person's business only. The fact that person could go through that trying time, work their credit back to positive, and be able to get back with that bank or store, is commendable. All the commentators and prognosticators on here need to not project AA every time they turn around and see something more than they are doing. AA, CLD, closing accounts, they are not life either, they are part of changes in the contract between the bank and the cardholder. I went through them all. They are not fun, but they are not the end of the world either, they are merely a part of credit, a phase of credit, that some of us go through. No one can predict them. To continually badger someone about potential AA, is unseemly because the commenter has no knowledge of whether AA will arrive or not.

Congratulations Pizza! Nordstroms is an excellent card to have.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 30 of 84
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.