Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not 1 but 2 new Barclay Cards!!!

tag
roxxor
Established Member

Not 1 but 2 new Barclay Cards!!!

So having paid off all but one of my credit cards and getting a nice bump to my score, I figured it was time to try and expand my portfolio. Throughout my 5.5 year post-BK journey, every time I have tried for a Barclaycard before, I have been rejected both online and via recon.

Well, I decided that I have a couple Visas and 1 Mastercard, so I figured I would try for the Travelocity Amex, since I'm on the dreaded Amex Blacklist and probably won't be off of it anytime soon. To my shock, I got an instant approval for $650. Not exactly the limit I was hoping for, but I can always recon, I thought to myself.

After recoving from the surprise of actually getting my foot in the door, I remembered reading about a few people who have had luck with doing 2 apps in the same day and getting approved(and only getting 1 HP, we will see how that turns out), so I think "What the heck" and apply for the Apple Visa. DING! Instant approval for $2K.

So now I have to debate about if I want to push my luck with calling tomorrow and asking them to bump up the $650 limit or if I should just be happy and live with it for a while.

Also, I got greedy and decided to push my luck and try for Discover It, who gave me the good ole rejection notice and when I called in and spoke to 2 different reps, including a Sr. Analyst, told me that they do not recon and that despite the BK being over 5 years old, no other baddies, and showing a 12% util(actually lower but one payoff hasn't hit the reports yet), that  my credit wasn't established enough for them at this time. Oh well, another day perhaps.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Not 1 but 2 new Barclay Cards!!!

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your double header! Seems Discover is still BK shy. It took me ten years after the big day for them to approve me.
Message 3 of 16
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on your 2 new Barclay cards Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 16
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congrats!

Message 5 of 16
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

Congratulations x2!

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 6 of 16
uswala
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!!

Message 8 of 16
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Congrats x2!

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.