cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG! Discover IT approved 1 yr post BK!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: OMG! Discover IT approved 1 yr post BK!

Congratulations !  I did not know that about the sweet spot... I never had a bancruptcy.  But I do know people that have and this is a great datapoint and proof in the pudding post.   

Again Congratulations. 

Message 11 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

😩 Wish I'd known about the sweet spot! Oh well everything happens for a reason....BUT I'm super happy for you! 🎉 Congrats! 

Message 12 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval. Good card to have s relationship with.
Message 13 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FireMedic1 wrote:

TGIF! Been wanting this card so I could dump my sub prime C1 QS1. I waited for my BK to hit 1 year, Took a Xanax and went for it. J/K. Isnt my highest card. But I'm in. Data= No CC's in BK. Only for the tax man. My rebuild/scores since last year is listed below. Man I am loving this. That will take care of my road to where I was back in 2009. How sweet it is! Thanks to everyone here for all the info and knowledge I've gained. On here each day reading and learning. Thanks ya'll!

discover.JPG

Congratulations to you!...Thanks for sharing.Smiley LOL

Message 14 of 26
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations !  I did not know that about the sweet spot... I never had a bancruptcy.  But I do know people that have and this is a great datapoint and proof in the pudding post.   

Again Congratulations. 

Thanks! I had 1 30 day late 4yrs ago, auto loan. Otherwise clean. The way I read it to be is. 1-2 yrs out your not a high risk to burn them because you cant file again for 7 yrs. Closer you get to that 7 yr mark. They can get burned if people fall into the same thing that they filed previously for. The risk is higher. Thats probably why Chase, Citi, BOA, the big boys wont even look at you if you have a BK.

Message 15 of 26
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Since you guys helped me. Now its time to pay it forward. This is Discover's Scorecard thats free for anyone if you didnt know. Google it. AAoA 9yrs

fico1.JPG

Message 16 of 26
yoyo
Established Contributor

Congrads...i just gt my Discover via mail invite and got a $3000 limit 2 year after BK. My cousin got a chase cc 5 years after bk
Message 17 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FireMedic1 wrote:

@zerofire wrote:

By not hitting the CC companies in the BK you avoided angering them. Just be aware that you will be stuck in toy limit hell(2k and less) for a bit while they try to figure out who really got burned. Discover themselves are pretty reasonable so its a match that should last for a while.

Dont know what you meant by this comment. It isnt a race to see who gets the highest CL. For me I know my limit for what I earn, and I'm right where I want to, and need to be. Its the card, not the limit I recieved that makes me happy.

Stuck in toy hell limit ($2K or less)? Hubby d/c was 7/14, and he was approved for $4K in April of this year. In less than four months, he's at $5K, and may well be on their 31 day increase schedule.  I don't think anyone on these boards really knows what Discover's criteria is for approvals, credit line increases, or such.  

FireMedic, Hubby got his first increase at 70 days and then another at 107 days.  I've seen some get their first cli even sooner. It's a sp when you request online, so no harm. Enjoy your card and all of your successes! Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved for it 3 weeks after ch 13 discharge but havent had increase. Did not burn them.
Message 19 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your success and your Discover it approval!
Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.