Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG I finally made it.

tag
Rkalynsmith
Regular Contributor

OMG I finally made it.

Been repairing my credit since 8/13. I have a $700 Cap 1 secured card. Credit one $500. DCU 1k and a few store cards. Fico score EQ 705 EX 695. So I decided today would be the day i refi my car because credit one was taking too long to update my zero balance from $488. I refi from 8% to 1.49% with DCU. I asked for a CLI and they approved it for $5500. Applied for discover it card $2500. Citi Diamond card $1500. Overstock pop up $1500. I'm so happy right now. I cut up my credit one card and tossed it in the trash. I'm scared to let go of my Cap 1 card because it was the first of my rebuilding cards. I would love to apply for 2 more cards. I burned chase 10 years ago & BOA so I doubt if they let me in. Would love a gas card. Any suggestions? I'm super happy. I want to thank u all from the bottom of my heart for all the help.

Starting Score: 565
Current Score: 721
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

Re: OMG I finally made it.

WTG! Congratulations on the approvals and being able to get rid of Credit One!

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 2 of 16
uswala
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your success!

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I cut up my credit one card and tossed it in the trash.

Rock on!

Message 4 of 16
travisr0
Contributor

I burned chase about 10 years ago as well and finally decided to apply this year 10 years later and not only they let me back in but got approved for one of their top cards, the Marriott. You may need to talk with them on the phone and explain a little but I was happy to in order to get back in with Chase.

Experian 756 // Equifax 764 // Transunion 759 // AAoA 5.7 years

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

Message 6 of 16
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on all your approvals Smiley Happy

Barclays Sallie Mae is one of the best gas rebate cards out there 5% of first 250 every month.

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your credit rebuild!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 16
Ford725
Established Contributor

@Rkalynsmith wrote:
Been repairing my credit since 8/13. I have a $700 Cap 1 secured card. Credit one $500. DCU 1k and a few store cards. Fico score EQ 705 EX 695. So I decided today would be the day i refi my car because credit one was taking too long to update my zero balance from $488. I refi from 8% to 1.49% with DCU. I asked for a CLI and they approved it for $5500. Applied for discover it card $2500. Citi Diamond card $1500. Overstock pop up $1500. I'm so happy right now. I cut up my credit one card and tossed it in the trash. I'm scared to let go of my Cap 1 card because it was the first of my rebuilding cards. I would love to apply for 2 more cards. I burned chase 10 years ago & BOA so I doubt if they let me in. Would love a gas card. Any suggestions? I'm super happy. I want to thank u all from the bottom of my heart for all the help.

Congrats on the new cards and limits! As far as a great gas card, Chevron is awesome. They are through Synchrony and pull TU. 

Current Scores: FICO08 670 EQ, FICO08 703 TU, FICO08 661 EX
Goal Score: 700's all 3 (07/2016)
Walmart $6k | Chevron $4k | Firestone $2.2k | Capital One Venture $5.4k | Quicksilver One MC $1.3k | Capital One Platinum MC $1k | Bloomingdales $12k | Amazon Prime $6k | Ebates Visa $12k | The Gap Visa $7k | Banana Republic Visa $7 | Brylane Home $2.6k | Express $2.5k | Overstock $1.85k | Macy's $11.3k | Stash Visa $12k | Lowe's $12k | Care Credit $5k | Macy's Amex $2.1k | Chase Amazon Visa $.5k | Cabela's Club Visa $2k
Message 9 of 16
Ups77
Regular Contributor

Good job.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.