cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG. I just got approved for AMEX BCP via Creditcards.com with prior AMEX CO!!!!

tag
HiLine
Blogger

Re: OMG. I just got approved for AMEX BCP via Creditcards.com with prior AMEX CO!!!!

@LisaJ wrote:

quick and dirty for those who crave brevity-

-AMEX charge off in 2004.

-Scores in lower 700 range

-Paid tax lien from 2009

-one 30 day late from a few years ago

-AMEX has softpulled me like crazy for years, leading me to believe I was blacklisted.

-Got AMEX offer via card match via creditcards.com; offers given (under "Exclusive" category; I used my social) were Delta Gold, BCE, and BCP.

-Had to call because of address issue, but was approved for $11,000, which make it my highest limit to date.

-I was conservative on income; I teach, I'm a part time photog, and get child support--stated income was $75k, well under household income.

Details below.  Smiley Happy

So today I found a thread about creditcards.com, and for fun, entered my information.  I had been debating a Discover, as their site said last night that I was preapproved, but I am very skeptical about preapprovals, because I am an avid reader here, and you all have taught me well!  In any case, I entered my information and was offered "Exclusive Offers", and all three were AMEX.  Since I have been getting softed by them several times every few months for years, and since I had a prior chargeoff, I didn't believe it.  I read a ton more here, and after much indecision, I decided it was worth the possible HP and pulled the trigger.  I got the "Please call us and give more info" message, and when I did, they told me it was an address issue, (not my fault; it's because their system only lets you put in 20 characters for address!!!!)  I was on hold several times and believed with all my heart it was going to be a denial.  When she came back and asked if I would be ok getting my card in about 2 weeks if approved, I told her my credit line up was good and I wasn't in a hurry.  I mentioned I had been considering aping for Discover, but that I had heard AMEX was a great company.  She said "well, I am sure glad to hear that, Lisa J, because you are now a part of the AMEX family!  Your credit limit with us will be $11,000."  Guys, I nearly passed out.  For REAL. I'll provide detailed backstory for anyone interested, because I know I read, read, read, and searched every thread trying to find information before I pulled the trigger, so if you are interested in all that info, keep reading. I owe every single success I have had on my credit struggle/journey to this forum.  I spent 7 hours today alone reading through, weighing, freaking out a little, weighing, etc. (Holy WOW!!!!  $11,000!!!!!)

Backstory--when I was in college I had an Amex charge card.  Green.  I PIF'ed every month, had amazing credit, and then my husband and I had a nasty separation.  I found myself single with two kids and AMEX was the least of my problems, so I let the $2700 or so bill go to collections.  My credit sank to 500s, and I was a mess.  Although the judge ordered him to pay AMEX, he did not, and it was my account, so AMEX would not work with me at all.  I ignored every Optima, etc. offer they sent and waited while working really hard here to get my accounts where they needed to be and learning about credit here. I got a car loan, did the Orchard thing, got some store cards, and got my life together.  I got remarried, paid down my cards to buy a house, and, again, learning from here, began to grow my profile slowly.  I had a WAMU CC which Chase converted to a Freedom, and that was the foundation for me.  I got a JCP, Macy's, and went into the garden. Target auto CLI'd me from the measly $200 I strated with a few times, up to $1300. My Fico hit 700, then 718, and was higher than I ever imagined. And then I got hit with a tax lien that my sister was respsonsible for...and my credit score plummeted 30 points. Tax lien was paid, but they don;t come off when they are from the state, and report for 7 years after paying.  Mine was paid in 2009, so I slowly rebuilt, and went into the garden.

Last year I saw alll the awesome bonuses for Chase and got itchy!  I ditched Orchard and HSBC because they wouldn't eliminate my fee nor give me any real credit luv, so now Chase Freedom (formerly WAMU) was my oldest account.  After reading tons here, I apped for, and got on recon, CSP; upped my CL on Freedom, Apped for Ink 6 months later and got a CLI on CSP at that time, too. Still, even though I was really attracted to the idea of AMEX backdating, I never apped for AMEX, not wanting another HP, until tonight.  Decided to app for BCP because if I was going to "waste" a HP, I wanted to app for the card I really wanted, and I wouldn't use Delta, to be honest.

And that's how a paid tax lien having, AMEX CO past sporting, recon fearing (I HATE talking on the phone), ordinary girl got a BCP.  I never could have or would have done it without the GREAT resources here!!!!  I only hope this helps someone like me. Smiley Happy

And..This leads me very much to believe that the creditcards.com match up--at least for the exclusive offers--is the real deal, though YMMV.

Whew!  Bless you if you read this far.

What an inspiring credit rebuilding story. So many congratulations to you on your BIG success!!! Cat LOL Man LOL Robot LOL Smiley LOL Woman LOL

Message 11 of 37
solstice00
Regular Contributor

Re: OMG. I just got approved for AMEX BCP via Creditcards.com with prior AMEX CO!!!!

I am seeing 3 exclusive offers.

Blue Cash, Blue Cash Everyday and Gold Delta!

I am little nervous. I have 4 inquiries in the last one month.

Smiley Sad

Should I or should I not?

I am officially in the garden. Gardening suck when you hear such motivating stories.

"Its your AAoA, Sir. It seems, Sir, that it is so short that i dont think it would hurt for it to get a little shorter"
Message 12 of 37
TwinGirls19
Regular Contributor

Wow... Stopped reading by the time I got to "judge" god bless you amazing story lol you deserve the approval congrats. I got in with the Amex family this week with the green. One day going for the bcp lol looks like an awesome card.
CURRENT SCORES: EX Fico (Amex) 730, TU Fico 745, EQ Fico 717

CURRENT CARDS: Amex Green NPSL, Amex BCE 2K, Chase Sapphire 5K, Citi Thankyou Preferred 3.5K, Discover It 1.7K, Walmart Discover 1.6K, Capital One Platinum 1.5K

Message 13 of 37
HiLine
Blogger

Message 14 of 37
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

it is for a while that have been trying this site for pre-appovals and have to say that I am sick to see ONLY AX offers ....was so hoping for Chase but ALL AX offers appear with my personal details.....Platinum, Gold, etc. but the only AX card interesting to me I have already...this site looks to me that it is heavly sponsored by adds Why else I would I only get AX pre-approvals?
Message 15 of 37
Rackham94
Established Contributor

@solstice00 wrote:

Smiley Sad

I am officially in the garden.

That is such an amazing story!!!! You deserve it!.

Solstice00 Exact same offers..... Something seems off. Can anyone confirm?

Message 16 of 37
solstice00
Regular Contributor

Lol something seems off alright.

Smiley Very Happy

"Its your AAoA, Sir. It seems, Sir, that it is so short that i dont think it would hurt for it to get a little shorter"
Message 17 of 37
HiLine
Blogger

@Rackham94 wrote:

@solstice00 wrote:

Smiley Sad

I am officially in the garden.

That is such an amazing story!!!! You deserve it!.

Solstice00 Exact same offers..... Something seems off. Can anyone confirm?

Didn't the OP confirm for you? Smiley Wink Anyone that has tried that page succeeded! Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 37
LisaJ
Frequent Contributor

Solstice, if you are in the garden, you need to weigh the risk/benefit. For me, I'd decided to app for something  (and I was also in the Garden--came out two months earlier than I intended to) and it was not a big risk (I really thought I was blacklisted with them!)  That being said, I exercised great patience for a long time and I do believe that is why it paid off.  I would post and ask for others' experiences with the site and research, which is what I did. 

Or it may be that I would have qualified anyway and the site is bogus.  I really do not know and am reluctant to advise or nudge. 

WOW! EQ when I joined myFICO: 657. Ups and downs and a few bumps and bruises, but finally back over 700. Whew!

Message 19 of 37
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Wow!!!
Your story is amazing!!!!!
I read the whole thing !!
DO NOT FORGET ABOUT THE COVETED THREE TIMES CLI!!!!

On the 61st day! If you request more than $25,000 total, you may be asked to provide tax returns!!!!

So your 11k could turn in to 33k credit line!!
Good luck!!!:-D

If only it were just the returns...it would be the dreaded FR in most cases.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 20 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.