cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG. I just got approved for AMEX BCP via Creditcards.com with prior AMEX CO!!!!

tag
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

Re: OMG. I just got approved for AMEX BCP via Creditcards.com with prior AMEX CO!!!!

Congrats!!! Welcome to the BCP club!!!

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 21 of 37
solstice00
Regular Contributor

Re: OMG. I just got approved for AMEX BCP via Creditcards.com with prior AMEX CO!!!!

@LisaJ wrote:

Solstice, if you are in the garden, you need to weigh the risk/benefit. For me, I'd decided to app for something  (and I was also in the Garden--came out two months earlier than I intended to) and it was not a big risk (I really thought I was blacklisted with them!)  That being said, I exercised great patience for a long time and I do believe that is why it paid off.  I would post and ask for others' experiences with the site and research, which is what I did. 

Or it may be that I would have qualified anyway and the site is bogus.  I really do not know and am reluctant to advise or nudge. 

Youre right! No temptation.

Smiley Happy

"Its your AAoA, Sir. It seems, Sir, that it is so short that i dont think it would hurt for it to get a little shorter"
Message 22 of 37
myjourney
Super Contributor

LisaJ That was such an amazing account of your experience I must admit I read it twice all the way to the end...Thanks for sharing as im sure it will empower and help someone 

else. Again I say WOWSmiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 23 of 37
Epcot
Valued Contributor

That's great, Congrats on the approval!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 24 of 37
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

just did it for the fun again...and wow...FirstSimmons in the exclusive offers? For once not only AX but I know that First Simmons would be a straight denial...they want a score of 800 but certainly not below 780.,,, if I would not be gardening I would waste a pull just for fun. straight denial for sure for an exclusive offer from creditcards.com for me?
Message 25 of 37
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

congrats on your appoval but all,others proceed with care and common sense
Message 26 of 37
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Just request $25k if you decide to! You want to avoid a financial review!
:-) congrats again!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 27 of 37
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I used to get Amex PRG and Platinum come up on creditcards.com

Now I just get c1 offers and FPB offers...meh :-/
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 28 of 37
2011beginnings
Frequent Contributor

What a success story and change of events. I read everything and am happy to welcome you to the Amex family.

Congratulations!
PenFed AMEX: $5500 | AMEX BCE: $8300 | AMEX E: $5000 | BofA BBR: $5000 | Discover It: $6500 | CSP: $11500 | CF: $5500 | Citi DIVIDEND: $5700 | CITI TYP: $4600 | BofA CR: $7500 | CAP ONE Q: $3000 |

TU: 722 / EX: 763 / EQ: 735
Message 29 of 37
LisaJ
Frequent Contributor

I really hope I am misreading some of the replies here that seem to suggest I am being dishonest in some way.  What exactly is it that seems "off?"

Because I really don't know why I would lie, mislead, or otherwise misrepresent myself.  I'm gathering that has happened here before, but this is not one of those times.

I may not participate here very much, but when I feel I have something to add, I try to do so. I searched for hours for stories of similar credit profiles to mine before apping and thought that I would contribute my story for anyone who might benefit from it. I lurk a lot and have been a forum member for 5 years.  I feel this approval is directly related to learning from this board, so I posted it.

FWIW, I never "confirmed" anything, and clearly stated that it was MY experience, and what I found when I researched it.  Likely, I would have been approved regardless. Approval to Amex may seem like a silly thing, but it was huge to me, hence my excitement.  I have been to hell and back with that CC company over the years; this was a win for me. As for FR, I am not worried about that either, since I was honest on my application.

I'll refrain from the snarky emoticons, but please feel free to ask me directly if you have question about my integrity. And if I have misread any intent, my apologies, but given that I teach high schoolers for a living, I am fluent in snark, so I highly doubt it.

I do get that my title was over the top--I was really that excited--if a mod would change it to "BCP Approval with Amex CO", or the like, I would appreciate it. I also realize that I still have some typos in my original post, but I'm sure any more editing by me would be misinterpreted. I apologize if it rambles.

WOW! EQ when I joined myFICO: 657. Ups and downs and a few bumps and bruises, but finally back over 700. Whew!

Message 30 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.