Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG!! I love that AMEX!

tag
dabossman
Contributor

OMG!! I love that AMEX!

Just got off an online chat with AMEX asking them if I could get a lower APR and when I got my last CLI

Got my APR lowered on my AMEX clear, never really use the card but its the principle of it all. Got it lowered 1% down to 19.49%  Still much to high but its progress. My BCE had 18 months of 0% so its still in that promo they i couldn't get it lowered. 

I asked when i got my last increase... couldn't find the email so I thought it was december or so.  But apparently it was 7/31/14

Was at 6300, went for 15k. 

Instant Approval for 15k.. First 5 digit limit! Haven't been this excited about a CLI in a while

the income i put down was 20k lol!

Mouse over for Limits, Sorted Oldest to Newest
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: OMG!! I love that AMEX!

congrats

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your CLI!
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

As long as you can pay the bill, they do not care about what income you put down.
Message 5 of 15
I-think-I-can
Valued Contributor

Congrats! Smiley Happy

Starting Scores 2/13/15: EQ 635 EX 674 TU 684 ////7/16/15 Scores: EQ 661 EX 669 TU 703 //// 2/15/16 Scores EQ 652 EX 647 TU 756 //// 3/24/16 Scores: EQ 661 EX 649 TU 773 //// EQ 670 EX 653 TU 768 (EQ And EX still tainted)
Goal Scores: 760 across the board
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats..

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

CONGRATS!!

Message 8 of 15
blunderer
Established Contributor

Congrats 2x!

WTG!!!

Message 9 of 15
Existentialist
Frequent Contributor

@dabossman wrote:

Just got off an online chat with AMEX asking them if I could get a lower APR and when I got my last CLI

Got my APR lowered on my AMEX clear, never really use the card but its the principle of it all. Got it lowered 1% down to 19.49%  Still much to high but its progress. My BCE had 18 months of 0% so its still in that promo they i couldn't get it lowered. 

I asked when i got my last increase... couldn't find the email so I thought it was december or so.  But apparently it was 7/31/14

Was at 6300, went for 15k. 

Instant Approval for 15k.. First 5 digit limit! Haven't been this excited about a CLI in a while

the income i put down was 20k lol!

Yeah Amex has been known to hav that effect... grats.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.