cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG!!!! OMG!!! OMG!!! NFCU APPROVED ME!!

tag
GirlMelanie89
Established Contributor

OMG!!!! OMG!!! OMG!!! NFCU APPROVED ME!!

Ok! So the craziest thing just happened!!! I apped for the NFCU goRewards card on Friday and got the typical 3-5 day response. Over the weekend, I got an alert indicating that they pulled TU. I slightly panicked because my TU CR has not updated to 1% CC UTIL from 102% ANNNND a collection account was added too. :-( Soooo. this morning, I sent a SM asking them to please pull my EQ report, as it was most current and acccurate and I didnt want to mess up my chances of getting a CC with them. I just logged into my account for poops and giggles and had a new SEPARATE message saying, "Thank you for your message. We have conducted a second review of your application. After careful consideration, we are pleased to inform you that your application has been approved."

CRAZY THING IS THOUGH...the original app still says, "The status of your new goRewards Visa credit card is Review in Process". Seems like some CA was working today and APPROVED me. My limit is only $500 but I am more than happy with that because I know it will grow. Not to mention they had previously denied me last month.

I AM SO FREAKING HAPPY RIGHT NOW!! Praise Jesus! 

Bankruptcy discharged: May 2014 Starting Score: 571 Goal Score: 700
Current Score: 676 (EQ FICO) 674 (EX FICO) 662 (TU FICO)

Mortgage Loan Originator in Kentucky
Message 1 of 51
50 REPLIES 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: OMG!!!! OMG!!! OMG!!! NFCU APPROVED ME!!

Congrats..

Message 2 of 51
Techsavvy
Regular Contributor

Congratulations, all that matter now is that you got your foot in the door!  Take care of your card and it will definitely grow. NFCU are the bomb!

Beginning credit score 3/13 TU 600, EX 601
Current scores 04/15 MYFICO TU 710, EX 699, EQ 663
NFCU Cash Rewards Signature Visa $12,500, Venture $10,000, Venture One $5000, BBVA NBA Amex $3,500, NFL Extra Points World Mastercard $2,500, Sallie Mae Rewards World Mastercard $2,500, Barclay's Reward Mastercard $5,300, Paypal Extras Platinum Mastercard $2,501, Capital One QSI $2,750, Merrick Visa $1100, Discover It $1000, Walmart $6,000, Kohl's $1000, VS $1450, Buckle $1250, Kingsized $1250, HSN $1150, Target $400, TJX Rewards $3500, Chevron $3500
Message 3 of 51
GirlMelanie89
Established Contributor

Thank you both!! Tech, you definitely correct!!! I finally got my foot in the door and thats all that matters to me right now!!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 51
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on your new NFCU card Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 51
App_Addict
Valued Contributor

AWESOME JOB!!!  I'm very happy for you!!

CURRENT SCORES: TU: 698 21 Apps / EX: 644 28 Apps / AAoA: 4.4 Yrs. / Util. 5% / Goal: 750 by 12/22

Message 6 of 51
GirlMelanie89
Established Contributor

Thank you guys sooo much!!!

Message 7 of 51
jbsea
Established Contributor

Congrats, I'm new to the NFCU family too.  This is a great opportunity.  They will grow with you and give you a lot of opportunity's with other types of credit.

Amex Gold / Amex Platinum / Amex Marriott Brilliant/ Amex BCP/ Capital One Venture (AU) / Capital One Savor One/ Discover / NFCU Cash Rewards / BOA Unlimited Cash Rewards / NFCU GO Rewards (AU) / Amex EDP / NFCU Flagship Rewards / Chase Freedom (AU) / Capital One QuickSilver / Citi Costco (AU) / Amex Delta
Message 8 of 51
GirlMelanie89
Established Contributor

@jbsea wrote:

Congrats, I'm new to the NFCU family too.  This is a great opportunity.  They will grow with you and give you a lot of opportunity's with other types of credit.

Thank you so much Jbesa!! Im super excited. Congrats on your approval as well. I kinda want to ask for a higher limit but dont want to push my luck. Lol

Message 9 of 51
Eyisila
Frequent Contributor

@GirlMelanie89 wrote:

Ok! So the craziest thing just happened!!! I apped for the NFCU goRewards card on Friday and got the typical 3-5 day response. Over the weekend, I got an alert indicating that they pulled TU. I slightly panicked because my TU CR has not updated to 1% CC UTIL from 102% ANNNND a collection account was added too. :-( Soooo. this morning, I sent a SM asking them to please pull my EQ report, as it was most current and acccurate and I didnt want to mess up my chances of getting a CC with them. I just logged into my account for poops and giggles and had a new SEPARATE message saying, "Thank you for your message. We have conducted a second review of your application. After careful consideration, we are pleased to inform you that your application has been approved."

CRAZY THING IS THOUGH...the original app still says, "The status of your new goRewards Visa credit card is Review in Process". Seems like some CA was working today and APPROVED me. My limit is only $500 but I am more than happy with that because I know it will grow. Not to mention they had previously denied me last month.

I AM SO FREAKING HAPPY RIGHT NOW!! Praise Jesus! 

I was waiting for the update, thought it wouldn't come until tomorrow.

BIG BIG CONGRATS!!!!! I had a feeling you would get in.  Treat it well and in 3 months hit that CLI button for the full 25k and let them counter!!!!!!

Welcome to the family and again YAY!!!!!!!

Message 10 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.