cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG Orchard Bank has unsecured my card and returned my deposit.

tag
scorpiostinger07
Regular Contributor

OMG Orchard Bank has unsecured my card and returned my deposit.

Just called and found out my secured orchardbank card has been unsecured on Jan 17th and my despoit was returned to me. From what I gathered on the phone it looks like this is for all Orchard Bank secured cards.  So call and check.

Starting Score: 433
Current Score: 700
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Re: OMG Orchard Bank as unsecured my card and returned my deposit.

@scorpiostinger07 wrote:

Just called and found out my secured orchardbank card has been unsecured on Jan 17th and my despoit was returned to me. From what I gathered on the phone it looks like this is for all Orchard Bank secured cards.  So call and check.

YESSSS I WILL BE ASKING RIGHT NOW! Thank you SO MUCH for this post, I am absolutely PUMPED! Had mind for about 2 years 7 months. Did you contact Orchard Bank or Cap One?

Also wondering what they'll PC our cards to...this is exciting!

Message 2 of 14
scorpiostinger07
Regular Contributor

Re: OMG Orchard Bank as unsecured my card and returned my deposit.

Im excited too!! I've had this card since 10/2008.

Message 3 of 14
bradpitt
Valued Member

Re: OMG Orchard Bank has unsecured my card and returned my deposit.

@scorpiostinger07 wrote:

Just curious if that was your only call or did you also call before the 17th?

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

YESSSS I WILL BE ASKING RIGHT NOW! Thank you SO MUCH for this post, I am absolutely PUMPED! Had mind for about 2 years 7 months. Did you contact Orchard Bank or Cap One?

Did you call? 

Curious as to what they said if you did.

Thx. 

Message 4 of 14
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@bradpitt wrote:

@scorpiostinger07 wrote:

Just curious if that was your only call or did you also call before the 17th?

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

Did you call? 

Curious as to what they said if you did.

Thx. 

Brad, i sent a PM instead because I didn't want to seem too nosey Smiley Wink they usually get back within 24 hours so i'll let you know tomorrow what they say! if they are still giving me an iffy answer, i'll definitely call them!

Message 5 of 14
bradpitt
Valued Member

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:
Brad, i sent a PM instead because I didn't want to seem too nosey Smiley Wink they usually get back within 24 hours so i'll let you know tomorrow what they say! if they are still giving me an iffy answer, i'll definitely call them!

Thanks Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 14
scorpiostinger07
Regular Contributor

So I checked the mail tonight and found a statment from Iintermountain Community Bank first one ive ever recieved. It looks like my savings account that secured my Orchard bank Mastercard was closed on 1/24/2013. So my guess is that a refund check will arrive within 2 to 3 weeks as stated by the customer service rep that I spoke with.

Message 7 of 14
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@scorpiostinger07 wrote:

So I checked the mail tonight and found a statment from Iintermountain Community Bank first one ive ever recieved. It looks like my savings account that secured my Orchard bank Mastercard was closed on 1/24/2013. So my guess is that a refund check will arrive within 2 to 3 weeks as stated by the customer service rep that I spoke with.

Weird o.O My deposit was always with HSBC, and I even got a statement from HSBC in January for my Oct-Dec 2012 statement...hoping it's still the same case for me! *fingers crossed* scorpio, did you happen to have a soft pull PRM on your equifax from Household Bank? I got one and posted a thread on it about two weeks ago, maybe this is what that soft pull was for!

Message 8 of 14
scorpiostinger07
Regular Contributor

Yes I did, Which I found very very odd. Let me look at the date but I belive it was on Jan 18th.

Message 9 of 14
scorpiostinger07
Regular Contributor

Yep it was Jan 18th 

PRM-HOUSEHOLD CARD SERV 01/18/13

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.