cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG.. PENFED 9K APPROVAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tag
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Re: OMG.. PENFED 9K APPROVAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@LadyJEsq wrote:

@JoeLuvsHisCredit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
@Anonymous
I never really had credit. This past May I decided to pull my reports and face reality. The reality being having my SSN used by my father for many many years and not knowing. . So there were LOTS of collections on my report. I just been paying it all off and explaining the situation and thankfully a lot has been removed. So my scores really jumped when they were deleted.

Ah, I see. Nothing I can repeat, then. I really don't have any cash to pay off any of mine since I took a 75% drop in my income recently. My scores are being held down by those collections I can't pay and the utilization I can't currently pay down other than the minimum payments.

ME TOO instead of being my dad it was my MOTHER everytime I had great credit she always open up accounts in my name without me knowing. The last time I told if she ever does it again or just even try to I will put her azz in jail and she knows I would do it she has open up stuff in my brother.sister, grand parents, friends, aunts etc. But now she knows it's harder to open stuff up at different addresess etc

What is up with parents opening up CCs in their children's name?! I had a similar problem and it truly is frustrating. 

Anyhoo, congrats OP, well done! 

Message 21 of 42
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

@JoeLuvsHisCredit wrote:

@LadyJEsq wrote:

@JoeLuvsHisCredit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
@Anonymous
I never really had credit. This past May I decided to pull my reports and face reality. The reality being having my SSN used by my father for many many years and not knowing. . So there were LOTS of collections on my report. I just been paying it all off and explaining the situation and thankfully a lot has been removed. So my scores really jumped when they were deleted.

Ah, I see. Nothing I can repeat, then. I really don't have any cash to pay off any of mine since I took a 75% drop in my income recently. My scores are being held down by those collections I can't pay and the utilization I can't currently pay down other than the minimum payments.

ME TOO instead of being my dad it was my MOTHER everytime I had great credit she always open up accounts in my name without me knowing. The last time I told if she ever does it again or just even try to I will put her azz in jail and she knows I would do it she has open up stuff in my brother.sister, grand parents, friends, aunts etc. But now she knows it's harder to open stuff up at different addresess etc

What is up with parents opening up CCs in their children's name?! I had a similar problem and it truly is frustrating. 

Anyhoo, congrats OP, well done! 

Holy sh*t!!! Mine too. And yes, I've had to say the same thing, exactly. I didn't ask to be born, so don't act like you did me any favors! 

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 22 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I ALMOST SPIT MY COFFEE OUT!!

So earlier I posted in the rebuilding forum about my many recent denials since rebuilding.

@I decided to open up another savings account for my daughter today and had no intention of applying for anything. After being asked by the rep if I wanted to app for anything, I said "sure why not".., since I was about to hit the garden for about a year I figured may as well give it one last shot. He added all my info and said "hold on while I get a LO to view your app" followed by "nevermind, you got instant approval 9K @ 14.49" !! Let's say I was beyond shocked.

this may not be a big deal to most, but this is my first Major CC

Congratulations! I can only imagine the feeling.

Which one they gave you, rewards, gold, everyday..?

Message 23 of 42
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I ALMOST SPIT MY COFFEE OUT!!

So earlier I posted in the rebuilding forum about my many recent denials since rebuilding.

@I decided to open up another savings account for my daughter today and had no intention of applying for anything. After being asked by the rep if I wanted to app for anything, I said "sure why not".., since I was about to hit the garden for about a year I figured may as well give it one last shot. He added all my info and said "hold on while I get a LO to view your app" followed by "nevermind, you got instant approval 9K @ 14.49" !! Let's say I was beyond shocked.

this may not be a big deal to most, but this is my first Major CC

Give them some luv!

Message 24 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cosmiami- thanks. Got the promise visa.
Message 25 of 42
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

You got the Promise? Why did you choose that? 👀❤

Message 26 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gregory1776 

was cought off guard because I wasn't planning on apping for another denial. It was the first card that came to mind.. lol 

if I would have known I'd have definitely tried for power cash. I'll sit on this one for 6 months or so and then try for that one

Message 27 of 42
Mahraja
Valued Contributor

no big deal are u kidding?approval is approval no matter what the starting limit congrats Smiley Happy

Profile Worth 2.0+M+
___________R.a.j
"Be Stronger Than Your Strongest Excuse"
Message 28 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you.
Message 29 of 42
WowCool
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations!!!!!!!! Outstanding!!! Welcome to the Penfed Promise Family!! Nice SL !!! Enjoy your new card!!! Bravo !!!!

Message 30 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.