cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oddities with Amex

tag
SpadeinHand

Oddities with Amex

So I am relatively new to the Amex family, and have encountered some oddities that I thought I'd post to see if these are problems I should make a phone call about.

I have had a HHonors CC for a little over 3 months now, never carry a balance, pay on time, and got my 40,000 bonus points for the $750 spend.

On Amex's website, I have been trying to request a CLI, but when I do, I am constantly greeted by a message that says the CLI page is down for updates and to try again in 24 hours - this has been going on for about 5 days.

Also, my third statement just cut, and I have yet to see a new CC or HP show up on my credit report. When does Amex report these? Seems odd that it's like I got a free CC without any consequences.

Should I just let these go for now or are they issues I should reach out to Amex about?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Oddities with Amex

Checkout the AMEX 3xCL at 61 days. That seems to be the time for CLI from AMEX. I hope this helps.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 11
SpadeinHand

That's what I figured but I am beyond 90 days out now - is the 61 day 3xCLI something that has to be done immediately at 61 days, kind of like a use-it-or-lose-it deal?

Seems strange if it is. Smiley Frustrated

Message 3 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

You may request the CLI at anytime past 61 days.  If you are experiencing website errors, you can use their automated system.  Amex may take up to two-three statements before they report. 

Message 4 of 11
SpadeinHand

@09Lexie wrote:

You may request the CLI at anytime past 61 days.  If you are experiencing website errors, you can use their automated system.  Amex may take up to two-three statements before they report. 

Thank you! I called the number - my limit was $6k, requested $18k and they countered with $14k, which I gladly took. I appreciate the awesome help!

Message 5 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 6 of 11
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@SpadeinHand wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

Thank you! I called the number - my limit was $6k, requested $18k and they countered with $14k, which I gladly took. I appreciate the awesome help!

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 7 of 11
alvon123
Super Contributor

@SpadeinHand wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

congrats

Message 8 of 11
MACFRME
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for bringing up these issues. I too was starting to freak out since my new AmEx(s) are not yet reporting.
Cards I Carry
$7.5K $23K $5k $300(SEC) $500 $300 $1,500 $800 $800
Total Available Credit: $39.7k | FICOS: EX 659 | EQ 661 | TU 673
Message 9 of 11
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Awesome!

Remember to try again in 6 months.

I was too conservative last time and now have to wait. Smiley Sad

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.