Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh Hi AMEX! :)

tag
SpeeDj
Regular Contributor

Oh Hi AMEX! :)

Decided to take the plunge, applied for and was approved for an Amex Green Card, figured what the heck after that and took a trip over to BoA got approved for a Cash Rewards card. After that I decided to give into DCU and see what they could do for refinancing my auto loan, they approved me for 1.99 and then twisted my arm into a Visa Platinum card as well. Not a bad haul for a days work thanks to everyones advice around here never thought I'd have MC, Visa, Discover and now Amex in my wallet.

Thanks again to the awesome advice on these forums it truly is worth following what those who came before you have determined to be a great approach to credit repair as well as responsible credit use.

JP Smiley Very Happy

Time to run not walk to the garden before Journey and Lexie discover I jumped the fence again...

TU:552 | EQ:561 | EX:567 | Starting Score [LP from 08]
TU:693 | EQ:682 | EX:700 | Current Score [11.21.13]
[720 Overall] Goal Score - The grass is greener in the garden! (Amex made me fall out... since 12.13)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Oh Hi AMEX! :)

Congrats! Run hard, run fast but you can't hide! Smiley Very Happy ROFLOL

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 15
SpeeDj
Regular Contributor

Maybe they won't notice... Smiley Very Happy

[720 Overall] Goal Score - The grass is greener in the garden! (Amex made me fall out... since 12.13)

Message 3 of 15
myjourney
Super Contributor

@SpeeDj wrote:

Decided to take the plunge, applied for and was approved for an Amex Green Card, figured what the heck after that and took a trip over to BoA got approved for a Cash Rewards card. After that I decided to give into DCU and see what they could do for refinancing my auto loan, they approved me for 1.99 and then twisted my arm into a Visa Platinum card as well. Not a bad haul for a days work thanks to everyones advice around here never thought I'd have MC, Visa, Discover and now Amex in my wallet.

Thanks again to the awesome advice on these forums it truly is worth following what those who came before you have determined to be a great approach to credit repair as well as responsible credit use.

JP Smiley Very Happy

Time to run not walk to the garden before Journey and Lexie discover I jumped the fence again...

To late I'm here Lol

But considering the nice haul you came away with I would say ...........

Congrats and its happy dance time 

NOW GET TO PLANTING Smiley LOL

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 5 of 15
SpeeDj
Regular Contributor

Thank you, and thanks for all the great advice Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 15
Josh2942
Established Contributor

Welcome to the American Express family! Also nice spree!

Jaguar F-Type R Loan 50K Balance
Goldman Sachs Signature Loan $29,000 TU 750 score pulled at time of loan.
Student Loan Debt $1,500
Credit Card Debt $300 1>% of $166,700
FAKO Transunion 723 Equifax 744
What's in my wallet? Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Freedom Unlimited, and AMEX Blue for Business
Message 7 of 15
alvon123
Super Contributor

great job!!

Message 8 of 15
SpeeDj
Regular Contributor

Someone call the ert's, after having such a stellar day yesterday I decided too try just one more, I was approved for the bcp but only a 2k limit time to hit the brakes I think. Could it be low because I have no history with them?

Ah well it was fun while it lasted Smiley Happy

JP

Message 9 of 15
chwebb1
Established Contributor

2K is not horrible. AMEX started me off at 2.8K, and I was just happy to be in after 5 years of wanting in, and 3 apps to get in. Congrats on your approvals.

photo NUS000000180_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo DISCOVER_IT_LG.gif photo card_1.png photo night-launch.png photo NUS000000012_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo bankamericard-better-balance-rewards-credit-card-small.png
$15000 ........... $12500 ............ $11750 ............ $10000 ........... $9400 ............ $5000 ............. $5000
In the Garden until at least November 2015
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.