Did you mean: 

Oh Just Sallie Mae. No biggie.

tag
Santi78342
Established Contributor

Re: Oh Just Sallie Mae. No biggie.

@MaisCher wrote:

@Santi78342 wrote:

Call the back door number and ask them to reconsider your starting limit. I was approved for $1,200 and called to recon the limit. I was denied on my first try but they bumped me to $5,500 when I called 8 hours later. FWIW, they asked me what I would like to request my limit be, and I responded with "as much as I am approved for." 

Good luck and congratulations! 

Maybe I'll try this today. Is it another hard pull? They hard pulled me again when I did this with the Apple card in Aug. although maybe I didn't call the right number and they just processed it as a routine CLI request.

I'm very grateful for this site. Had I not known any better I would've taken the "We can't approve you at this time" message as gospel. When I called the guy didn't even mention the denial. I asked to check the status of my app and he said "Sure let me get you to answer some questions" and just like that...approved. Amazing!

Now to figure out a plan of attack for Discover It in 6 mths. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to their denials. I'm sure at this point I only want them because they required a joint applicant and still denied me after 3 recons & an EO email for a "Collection, charge off or public record." However I see multiple approvals in database with notes of way more derogs than me. My judgement isn't on EQ so it was just one collection from 2012 (which is now gone) and a paid Verizon charge off ($32) from 2010. Thinking of a master plan and gardening LOL

They were able to use the same HP for me. But its better to be safe, than sorry, so ask the analyst if they will be able to use the same HP for the recon. 

Also, Discover denied me my first try with them as well. I waited 6 months and tried again. Approved for $1,500.

Message 21 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice, congrats

Message 22 of 24
MaisCher
Frequent Contributor

@Santi78342 wrote:

@MaisCher wrote:

@Santi78342 wrote:

Call the back door number and ask them to reconsider your starting limit. I was approved for $1,200 and called to recon the limit. I was denied on my first try but they bumped me to $5,500 when I called 8 hours later. FWIW, they asked me what I would like to request my limit be, and I responded with "as much as I am approved for." 

Good luck and congratulations! 

Maybe I'll try this today. Is it another hard pull? They hard pulled me again when I did this with the Apple card in Aug. although maybe I didn't call the right number and they just processed it as a routine CLI request.

I'm very grateful for this site. Had I not known any better I would've taken the "We can't approve you at this time" message as gospel. When I called the guy didn't even mention the denial. I asked to check the status of my app and he said "Sure let me get you to answer some questions" and just like that...approved. Amazing!

Now to figure out a plan of attack for Discover It in 6 mths. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to their denials. I'm sure at this point I only want them because they required a joint applicant and still denied me after 3 recons & an EO email for a "Collection, charge off or public record." However I see multiple approvals in database with notes of way more derogs than me. My judgement isn't on EQ so it was just one collection from 2012 (which is now gone) and a paid Verizon charge off ($32) from 2010. Thinking of a master plan and gardening LOL

They were able to use the same HP for me. But its better to be safe, than sorry, so ask the analyst if they will be able to use the same HP for the recon. 

Also, Discover denied me my first try with them as well. I waited 6 months and tried again. Approved for $1,500.

I tried and the limit recon was a no go. I asked them to go ahead and move as much of the Apple limit over as they could without closing the card so my new limit is 3,950. They left 250 on the Apple Rewards card which is fine because all I really use it for now is my itunes account.

Yeah I'm thinking 6 mths or a year for Discover.   

Current Score: EQ 699 TU 719 EX ? as of April-2016

Message 23 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.